SRT nonos drive

2sysel2
Go to solution Solved by 2sysel2,

ok it's solved - i'm an idiot i forgot to change mode from ahci to raid ...

Hey guys, what do you think about using SRT on nonsystem hdd, i use my intel ssd 520 120gb as a system drive but i can't really use it for my steam library because there isn't much space left with os and other stuff so i'd like to get another let's say 60gb ssd to use as a cache for my 750gb hdd.

Asgard - Local server(Plex, Minecraft, Teamspeak, etc.)

Valhalla - My main rig(i5 4670k@4.4GHz,GTX780 ACX)

Valkyrie - Asus N53SN(Yeah I want to get rid of this and replace it with something more mobile)

Should work fine, although 60GB SSDs are slow and very pricey/GB

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial

i'm not really sure whats up with this but my z87 mb should support it and i don't have any option to use the boost.

here are some screenshots from my intel rapid storage technology

irst1.png

irst2.png

irst3.png

Valkyrie - Asus N53SN(Yeah I want to get rid of this and replace it with something more mobile)

Why are they slow? You know its just like the regular SSD but with less chips, right?

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Why are they slow? You know its just like the regular SSD but with less chips, right?

yes. They are slower because they don't have as many chips. They have so few NAND packages that they don't fill up all the channels on the SSD controller, meaning the SSD controller can't run the IO in parallel as well. Depending on the drive/controller/nand, this usually means that the reads are a little slower, and the writes are a lot slower. 

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial

i'm not really sure whats up with this but my z87 mb should support it and i don't have any option to use the boost.

here are some screenshots from my intel rapid storage technology

<pictures>

Sorry, I don't have a machine on hand that is RST capable and I haven't used the program in a while so I can't really be of much help. I'm packing up to leave college for break and all I have right now is a laptop.

ZFS tutorial

ok it's solved - i'm an idiot i forgot to change mode from ahci to raid ...