HELP - Budget PC $1800 AUD

UniqSeth

Hello! (I won't be surprised if I have previous readers here)

I am working on a budget of $1800 AUD (excluding Windows 10) and I am trying to build a gaming PC.

I have changed up the parts several times and learnt a lot from the helpful community here. I wanted to know if this is a great build for the price and if there is anything I could change to get more bang for my buck. 

EDIT: It costs around $100 AUD to get the parts shipped. (The shipping is also in my budget)

https://www.pccasegear.com/sc/hG

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/7p79xY

Intel i5 8400

Gigabyte Z370 HD3 Motherboard
Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-2400 (White) Memory
Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Gigabyte - Geforce GTX 1060 Gaming G1 6GB
Phanteks Eclipse P300 Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case
be quiet! Pure Power 10 500W 80+ Silver Certified ATX Power Supply

that cpu is a bit over kill for a gaming rig, that money would better be used on a GTX 1070.

1 minute ago, TheCODclown25 said:

that cpu is a bit over kill for a gaming rig, that money would better be used on a GTX 1070.

What CPU would you suggest?

2 minutes ago, TheCODclown25 said:

maybe the i5 7600?

and get a much worse upgrade path?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

w

29 minutes ago, UniqSeth said:

Hello! (I won't be surprised if I have previous readers here)

I am working on a budget of $1800 AUD (excluding Windows 10) and I am trying to build a gaming PC.

I have changed up the parts several times and learnt a lot from the helpful community here. I wanted to know if this is a great build for the price and if there is anything I could change to get more bang for my buck. 

EDIT: It costs around $100 AUD to get the parts shipped. (The shipping is also in my budget)

https://www.pccasegear.com/sc/hG

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/7p79xY

Intel i5 8400

Gigabyte Z370 HD3 Motherboard
Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-2400 (White) Memory
Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Gigabyte - Geforce GTX 1060 Gaming G1 6GB
Phanteks Eclipse P300 Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case
be quiet! Pure Power 10 500W 80+ Silver Certified ATX Power Supply

why 2 2TB hdds? one 4tb would be cheaper but do you really need the storage?

you're spending alot on the 1060 6gb, get a cheaper unit or see if you can get a gtx 1070 after switching the cpu and mobo to a 1600+B350 board.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

and get a much worse upgrade path?

maybe, but it gives him a much better GPU, he could even afford a 1080 4GB. I would much rather that over a better upgrade path 

1 minute ago, TheCODclown25 said:

maybe, but it gives him a much better GPU, he could even afford a 1080 4GB. I would much rather that over a better upgrade path 

1080 4gb? he's better off going for a ryzen 1600 or i3 8100 instead of going to kabylake if he wanted to save money.

11 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

1080 4gb? he's better off going for a ryzen 1600 or i3 8100 instead of going to kabylake if he wanted to save money.

i cant realy comment on that because im a intel fan, but that might make a bit more sense

1 hour ago, TheCODclown25 said:

maybe the i5 7600?

That CPU isn't much cheaper. I would stick with at least a 4 core with hyper-threading. Kabylake i5s are often pinned at 90-100 CPU utilization in games.

2 hours ago, TheCODclown25 said:

I didn't even know there was a 1080 4GB. But I am looking for something that will last me around 2 years without upgrades.

57 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

That CPU isn't much cheaper. I would stick with at least a 4 core with hyper-threading. Kabylake i5s are often pinned at 90-100 CPU utilization in games.

So would you suggest going with the kabylakes or go with an i3 coffee lake?

2 hours ago, herman mcpootis said:

I've been strongly recommended the i5 8400. I plan to change the GPU to a 1070 after the first year. (one of the reasons I want to get the i5 8400 in my build)

8 minutes ago, UniqSeth said:

I didn't even know there was a 1080 4GB. But I am looking for something that will last me around 2 years without upgrades.

there's no 4gb 1080.

2 minutes ago, UniqSeth said:

I've been strongly recommended the i5 8400. I plan to change the GPU to a 1070 after the first year. (one of the reasons I want to get the i5 8400 in my build)

you can wait till febuary and get a H310 board if you want lower prices, then maybe you can afford a 1070 immediately. or see if going for a 1600 would do it.

9 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

there's no 4gb 1080.

you can wait till febuary and get a H310 board if you want lower prices, then maybe you can afford a 1070 immediately. or see if going for a 1600 would do it.

I am trying to get a parts list planned out. I am planning on buying the parts early in the second quarter of the year. Hopefully RAM prices have gone down, if so I will hopefully be able to afford a 1070.

EDIT: Hopefully I could upgrade the SSD to 500gb as well. Only time will tell.

1 hour ago, UniqSeth said:

So would you suggest going with the kabylakes or go with an i3 coffee lake?

I would keep the CPU you have selected, or go for Ryzen 5 or better.

2 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

I would keep the CPU you have selected, or go for Ryzen 5 or better.

I'm planning to stick with Intel. Thanks for the help tho