Buying GPU soon need some suggestions.

3 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Haven't seen reviews for the masterwatt 500

That's too much for a 1050/RX 560, you'd want those at like $100

If you aren't looking for a used GPU go for a 1050ti around $150-160 since RX 570s are screwed up for now
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137056&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

well tbh this is my custom rig and If I want to upgrade it I want parts that I don't want to replace like a good PSU, and my friend recommended the graphics card because it gets things done. Wha ti do is editing videos and processing large 50-75gb video files. I do cinema 4d rendering and aftereffects work, but I don't do all of this at the same time because I only have one monitor and my friend has agreed to ship me one if I pay for the shipping so $160 total seems to be a good deal because of it's under budget.

PS: probably won't be shopping on newegg

PPS: the Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze is the same price as Cooler Master MWE 500 Watt 80 Plus Bronze, so I think I will go with the 500w on amazon.

Edited by EnderGaming

7 minutes ago, EnderGaming said:

If you're doing CPU heavy tasks then you might want to just wait for the raven ridge APUs

but in any event a 1050/RX 560 is not worth $120

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

9 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

If you're doing CPU heavy tasks then you might want to just wait for the raven ridge APUs

but in any event a 1050/RX 560 is not worth $120

Isn't it just a $20 increase? also I will probably be switching my cpu to a ryzen 5 when I get the money

image.png

Edited by EnderGaming
image of price trend

13 minutes ago, EnderGaming said:

Isn't it just a $20 increase? also I will probably be switching my cpu to a ryzen 5 when I get the money

It's a $20 increase yes, but at that point you might as well get a 1050ti as it provides a good deal more performance for $30-40

the main issue is that you're buying a GPU at the worst possible time

If you just want something basic to get you by while GPUs settle and new tech comes out, you should possibly just get a GT 1030/RX 550 at $60-70, currently sold out at amazon though at $69
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B072HRD3CY/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

It's a $20 increase yes, but at that point you might as well get a 1050ti as it provides a good deal more performance for $30-40

the main issue is that you're buying a GPU at the worst possible time

If you just want something basic to get you by while GPUs settle and new tech comes out, you should possibly just get a GT 1030/RX 550 at $60-70, currently sold out at amazon though at $69
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B072HRD3CY/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

yeah, but I am not very patient :P and I have been gaming without a gpu for a full year now and it's becoming a painful task to make videos, dxtory records in raw and obs record MP4 and the file size is tremendous!

6 minutes ago, EnderGaming said:

yeah, but I am not very patient :P and I have been gaming without a gpu for a full year now and it's becoming a painful task to make videos, dxtory records in raw and obs record MP4 and the file size is tremendous!

That's why you should seriously wait for Raven Ridge APUs, get a decent CPU and GPU for the money

but as soon as you get any GPU you have GPU accelerated recording in ReLive/Shadowplay or OBS x264 AMD/NVIDIA

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

That's why you should seriously wait for Raven Ridge APUs, get a decent CPU and GPU for the money

but as soon as you get any GPU you have GPU accelerated recording in ReLive/Shadowplay or OBS x264 AMD/NVIDIA

Ok, so how much do you think Raven Ridge APU would go for and is it compatible with an MSI z97 gaming 3 motherboard. Also if I wait until the CPU comes out what GPU should I get?

PS: I don't have a source of income what I got is all I got.

15 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Alright so I am doing some research on the GT 1030 and on finding a low priced 750 ti, If i find a used 750 ti is it worth it over the GT 1030 right now?

3 minutes ago, EnderGaming said:

Ok, so how much do you think Raven Ridge APU would go for and is it compatible with an MSI z97 gaming 3 motherboard. Also if I wait until the CPU comes out what GPU should I get?

PS: I don't have a source of income what I got is all I got.

They'll basically be an R5 1400 4c/8t CPU + RX 5xx GPU equivalent on board, no idea on any real pricing, we might see something at CES

But all we have right now are laptops with them, no ETA on release date outside of Q1 2018

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Upcoming-AMD-Raven-Ridge-APUs-to-feature-Vega-11-graphics-core.267926.0.html

"In the OverclockersUK interview, Prior clarified that the Vega 11 GPU will only be featured in the Raven Ridge desktop and mobility APUs, and that the GPU has exactly 11 compute units. This is expacted to be ~30% faster than the existing Vega 8 GPU that comes with the Ryzen 5 2500U mobility APU. "

And of course this also means DDR4 RAM, but desktop memory speed is going to be way faster than what's in laptops, not sure if the 30% is from that, as APUs scale directly with memory speed for graphics

-

-

I would wait for the GPU market to not suck at the very least, try for a $200 RX 570 whenever you see one, it's far faster than a 1050ti most of the time

Terrible time to be a PC gamer, side note but how old are you and what city are you in? Mostly 16+?
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2884-gigabyte-rx-570-aorus-review-vs-470-580-gtx1060/page-5

Spoiler

1 minute ago, EnderGaming said:

Alright so I am doing some research on the GT 1030 and on finding a low priced 750 ti, If i find a used 750 ti is it worth it over the GT 1030 right now?

Basically, but you want a new PSU with any GPU you buy

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

They'll basically be an R5 1400 4c/8t CPU + RX 5xx GPU equivalent on board, no idea on any real pricing, we might see something at CES

But all we have right now are laptops with them, no ETA on release date outside of Q1 2018

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Upcoming-AMD-Raven-Ridge-APUs-to-feature-Vega-11-graphics-core.267926.0.html

"In the OverclockersUK interview, Prior clarified that the Vega 11 GPU will only be featured in the Raven Ridge desktop and mobility APUs, and that the GPU has exactly 11 compute units. This is expacted to be ~30% faster than the existing Vega 8 GPU that comes with the Ryzen 5 2500U mobility APU. "

And of course this also means DDR4 RAM, but desktop memory speed is going to be way faster than what's in laptops, not sure if the 30% is from that, as APUs scale directly with memory speed for graphics

-

-

I would wait for the GPU market to not suck at the very least, try for a $200 RX 570 whenever you see one, it's far faster than a 1050ti most of the time

Terrible time to be a PC gamer, side note but how old are you and what city are you in? Mostly 16+?
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2884-gigabyte-rx-570-aorus-review-vs-470-580-gtx1060/page-5

17 and I'm having the items shipped to Portland, OR (no tax)

*ADD*
So I am going to get a GT 1030 seeing the performance it does in game, and I assume it will help with render times?

Edited by EnderGaming
add

30 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Basically, but you want a new PSU with any GPU you buy

So, here is what I found...
I found an XFX RX 460 4GB for $80

or should I go ahead and buy a GT-1030 off of Amazon for $70

27 minutes ago, EnderGaming said:

Then get the RX 460 for $80, that's a pretty good price

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Then get the RX 460 for $80, that's a pretty good price

yeah, It was already sold xD so I'm just going to try and get a deal on a rx 460 2gb card if I cant get that I'm directly buying a GT 1030. Thanks for the help and another question should I still replace my PSU with a 500W atx cool master 80plus for like $39.99

5 minutes ago, EnderGaming said:

yeah, It was already sold xD so I'm just going to try and get a deal on a rx 460 2gb card if I cant get that I'm directly buying a GT 1030. Thanks for the help and another question should I still replace my PSU with a 500W atx cool master 80plus for like $39.99

PSU should be fine, just look for reviews

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

PSU should be fine, just look for reviews

Which PSU my current or the cool master? because apparently my psu is a firebomb lol

3 minutes ago, EnderGaming said:

Which PSU my current or the cool master? because apparently my psu is a firebomb lol

The coolermaster one, can't find any reviews on places like jonnyguru though, but it's likely fine

Your current PSU belongs in the trash yes, likely hasn't killed anything or caught fire as it hasn't had to draw more than 100W

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, EnderGaming said:

https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Cases-and-Cooling/Cooler-Master-MasterWatt-550W-Power-Supply-Review

I don't know if the 500W is vastly different, but I kind of doubt it

Spoiler