Triple Monitor setup with pc 1500€

Samy Reigns

Hey guys

So i have a budget of about 1500€. I want to build a pc and buy 3 monitors for 5760x1080 gaming. The thing is I don't really now what parts to buy and what monitors to buy. Any recommandations? (sorry for bad english, i'm french...) Thanks

What do you think about this?

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor  (€289.96 @ LDLC)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€117.64 @ Amazon France)
Motherboard: MSI - Z370-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€115.03 @ Amazon France)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€258.95 @ LDLC)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€44.22 @ Amazon France)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card  (€599.95 @ LDLC)
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€59.35 @ Amazon France)
Total: €1485.10
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

I didn't include monitors into the price though

2 minutes ago, Redicat said:

50 bucks over budget but BADASS Mobo and PSU.

Problem is, you just can't get those parts for those prices in Europe

I guess you'd have to spend something like 400 to 500€ on your monitors. A decent 1080p monitor for your use case would cost about 150€, since you can't buy the cheap TN ones because of the poor viewing angles, and since cheap IPS panels suffer from severe backlight bleeding (looking at you acer R221Q and lg 22MP68VQ-P). That would leave you with 1000 to 1100€ to spend on the actual computer, which is way too little for gaming at 5760x1080 with decent settings, especially with the current RAM prices. I'd suggest you choose a 1440p monitor or a 2560x1080 if you really want a wide aspect ratio instead: they can be found for under 300€, which will leave you with the 1200€ you need to play triple A titles comfortably at these resolutions.

4 hours ago, Redicat said:

ooohhn fuck euro

What country?

Thanks for replying, btw i'm from belgium.

1 hour ago, InertiaSelling said:

I guess you'd have to spend something like 400 to 500€ on your monitors. A decent 1080p monitor for your use case would cost about 150€, since you can't buy the cheap TN ones because of the poor viewing angles, and since cheap IPS panels suffer from severe backlight bleeding (looking at you acer R221Q and lg 22MP68VQ-P). That would leave you with 1000 to 1100€ to spend on the actual computer, which is way too little for gaming at 5760x1080 with decent settings, especially with the current RAM prices. I'd suggest you choose a 1440p monitor or a 2560x1080 if you really want a wide aspect ratio instead: they can be found for under 300€, which will leave you with the 1200€ you need to play triple A titles comfortably at these resolutions.

Would this pc be good enough? 

4 hours ago, MaktimS said:

What do you think about this?

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor  (€289.96 @ LDLC)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€117.64 @ Amazon France)
Motherboard: MSI - Z370-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€115.03 @ Amazon France)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€258.95 @ LDLC)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€44.22 @ Amazon France)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card  (€599.95 @ LDLC)
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€59.35 @ Amazon France)
Total: €1485.10
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

I didn't include monitors into the price though

Yeah, I don't have a single monitor, so that wouldn't work... I could also build a pc with a ryzen 7 for that price, isn't that way better?

1 hour ago, Redicat said:

I think OP abandoned

nono still trying to find a way to do it

1 minute ago, Samy Reigns said:

Yeah, I don't have a single monitor, so that wouldn't work... also i can build a pc with a ryzen 7 for that price, isn't that way better? 

4 minutes ago, Samy Reigns said:

Thanks for replying, btw i'm from belgium.

Would this pc be good enough? 

That is a terrible build, even for 2016.  Much better decisions could have been made.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

39 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

That is a terrible build, even for 2016.  Much better decisions could have been made.

what would you change then?

would this be good enough? I already have a couple hdd's so no need for that...

Knipsel.PNG

2 minutes ago, Samy Reigns said:

Can i use something like a i7 4790 with ddr3 (prices are much lower) or would that bottleneck a gtx 1070?

An 8600K crushes a 4790.  That's not to say that a 4790 is bad (I've got a 4790K), but it's worth putting up with DDR4 prices.

8 minutes ago, Samy Reigns said:

what who would you change then?

Less RAM, cheaper motherboard, bigger HDD, cheaper case, better (equally priced) cooler, and better CPU.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

3 hours ago, Samy Reigns said:

I could also build a pc with a ryzen 7 for that price, isn't that way better?

It's sad, but in gaming Intel still dominates. So, I'd stick with that i5.

7 hours ago, MaktimS said:

Problem is, you just can't get those parts for those prices in Europe

Goddamn @Donald J. Trump you fucked up the Export for us now we can't get any goods and have to sit here buying stuff from China :D

would this be good enough? I already have a couple hdd's so no need for that...

Knipsel.PNG

Yep that seems like about what you can get for now here in Europe... Id say just buy!