Mining on a 1080Ti, what to mine?

I'm currently just letting NiceHash do it's thing. It's getting me around 0.00055 BTC per day.  I also have a laptop with a 670m but it wasn't compatible with NH.

I've just been wondering if it's better to mine something else and with a diffrent program. I won't be running 24/7 since it's my gaming rig I'm using for this and the stop start button on NiceHash seems very convenient, is this a common feature for miners?

*edit: my power is included in my rent.

8700k @5.0GHz | Maximus X Hero | RAM 32GB @3200MHz CL14 | 1080 TI | SSD 250GB + 2x500GB Raid 0 | Monitor 1440p 165Hz ISP

Mining with one card is very inefficient, it will just degrade your card.

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

power included in rent? lucky.

It's not efficient at all to mine with one card, usually just get pci 1x to 16x risers and people slap rx 480's or 580's on there, usually like 5-10 a system and then it's somewhat profitable.

I would continue doing it until you have your warranty. And yes continue doing it with nicehash because it's the simplest way and you don't have to deal with other things which are pain in the ass.

1 minute ago, frozeNNN said:

I would continue doing it until you have your warranty. And yes continue doing it with nicehash because it's the simplest way and you don't have to deal with other things which are pain in the ass.

Allright, seems I'm doing it right then for my purpose. Projected payout is bouncing between $160-280, if I end up getting around $100 a month that seems well worth it to me. I suspected that it was one of the easier miners I could use for some casual free money.

8700k @5.0GHz | Maximus X Hero | RAM 32GB @3200MHz CL14 | 1080 TI | SSD 250GB + 2x500GB Raid 0 | Monitor 1440p 165Hz ISP

9 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

Mining with one card is very inefficient, it will just degrade your card.

6 minutes ago, jwh_ said:

power included in rent? lucky.

It's not efficient at all to mine with one card, usually just get pci 1x to 16x risers and people slap rx 480's or 580's on there, usually like 5-10 a system and then it's somewhat profitable.

I suppose it's more efficient to have a 1080 Ti sit there doing nothing when I'm not gaming...

how are you getting .00055 BTC per day on Nicehash with 1 1080ti? is that your ACTUAL DAILY EARNING or the PROJECTED earnings? it's not uncommon to see the projected spike throughout the day. I have 2 and my best day has been .00095 BTC and thats with my CPU in the mix and my old laptop accounting for 8%ish of the total rate.

4 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

how are you getting .00055 BTC per day on Nicehash with 1 1080ti? is that your ACTUAL DAILY EARNING or the PROJECTED earnings? it's not uncommon to see the projected spike throughout the day. I have 2 and my best day has been .00095 BTC and thats with my CPU in the mix and my old laptop accounting for 8%ish of the total rate.

yeah I've noticed that it's usually projecting a lot higher than that right now it's sitting at 0.00069 I've seen it go over 0.001 once as well but they're just spikes. Only thing I'm doing other than pressing start is I have a modest overclock of +100 on the core and +150 on the memory though it seems to just run at 1544 and 5505 in HW monitor. I should perhaps increase the memory overclock.

2 hours ago, A_Mediocre_Kangaroo_Farmer said:

yeah I've noticed that it's usually projecting a lot higher than that right now it's sitting at 0.00069 I've seen it go over 0.001 once as well but they're just spikes. Only thing I'm doing other than pressing start is I have a modest overclock of +100 on the core and +150 on the memory though it seems to just run at 1544 and 5505 in HW monitor. I should perhaps increase the memory overclock.

you should be creating a profile where you start mining then lower the power limit as much as possible till you see the hashrate start to drop, this allows the card to run cooler, also YES bump the mem clock, that is key to mining.

when you are actively mining you can push the mem clock much further then if you are just sitting at te desktop, so you need a profile to switch on and off of after you start and before you stop mining.