Help with choosing CPU and GPU

Digital

I was pretty on top of all parts and how they perform, way back like 2-3 years ago. Naturally the PC industry has been evolved since then...

I am now supposed to build a gaming PC at around 500-1000€/$ budget, and really I have no idea to even begin choosing between Intel and AMD, or with AMD or NVIDIA GPU's. The PC will be mostly used to play the basic League of Legends, CS GO, etc etc. but I also hope that with that budget I am able to fix together a workstation that can run basic triple A games such as GTA5 with decent graphics. The monitor that is being used with the upcoming PC is Benq 144Hz display, so it's preferred that the PC will be able to run the games at those FPS's.

I have been checking the industry change, so I am not totally in the dark right now - Last things I remember is that i5-7700k was a kickass gaming PC CPU, but then the Ryzen lineup was revealed. Also RX 480 was a damn fine budget GPU but then the GTX1000 lineup was revealed.

I think I can figure motherboard, PSU, RAM and storage on my own, but suggestions are welcome of course. Many thanks for any help in advance!

I mean I was checking CPU's and saw "Coffee lake" and thought it was some kind of joke name for Kaby lake - turns out its not...

then Ryzen is gonna the best bang for your buck, since your PC is gonna be a WorkStation as well

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  (€191.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€144.99 @ ARLT) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€180.58 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€88.43 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€44.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Asus - Radeon RX 570 4GB ROG STRIX Video Card  (€277.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€57.69 @ Alza) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€82.74 @ Mindfactory) 
Total: €1067.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-12-28 16:51 CET+0100

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol