Steam being annoying at 4k

TetraSky

Anyone else had this issue before and know how to fix it?
G4KZLIC.jpg

It does this on every other pages, even in the Community or my Profile, the only page that's exempted from that issue, is my Library, which shows as normal.

It only started doing this when I got a 4k monitor. (with 200% scaling in Windows)

I know that going in the Settings of Steam and clearing the Web Browser's cache fixes it, temporarily, but it comes back sooner or later, within a couple hours.

Any help on this would be appreciated, when I try to google this, I only find solutions for Steam Games and not for the Steam Software itself...

(and yes, I have also tried just flat out deleting steam entirely, still does it)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Right click the steam shortcut > properties > compatibility >  play around with the options in the scaling area under settings

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

18 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Right click the steam shortcut > properties > compatibility >  play around with the options in the scaling area under settings

This seems to have done it for now, which is strange because I'm pretty sure I had played around in the scaling options for Steam before and it hadn't fixed it.
Maybe it's because I had cleared the web cache not that long ago, since that also fix it temporarily, I guess I'll know in a couple hours.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

7 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

This seems to have done it for now, which is strange because I'm pretty sure I had played around in the scaling options for Steam before and it hadn't fixed it.
Maybe it's because I had cleared the web cache not that long ago, since that also fix it temporarily, I guess I'll know in a couple hours.

Ive done it multiple times, one on a 1440 monitor and a couple times on some laptops - all have stayed the same since I changed them.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

7 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

What exact settings did you set? i've messed around with those settings too with no avail

6 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

What exact settings did you set? i've messed around with those settings too with no avail

Well right now I've literally undone the scaling settings I had originally put in, which worked. (override performed by System(enhanced))

So it's back to default settings. Which is why I'm not sure if that is what fixed it or if it was just the clearing of the web cache.

Edit : I've Just put it back to override performed by System(enhanced), and the issue came back. Got rid of it and issue is gone... It was also "gone" on just "System", without the Enhanced part. ( and by Application, Steam is super Tiny so that's a fail)

So I think for now I'm just gonna try if it comes back without any special scaling options.

Aaaand nope. Opened Steam this morning, still tiny web page in large frame like in the screenshot on my original post.

Regardless of the Scaling setting I choose now, none of them  does anything...

Now I just opened the Help > Steam Support, in order to contact Steam directly and hope for a response... and somehow that also fixed it... I don't even know anymore. I feel like this is Steam playing with me at this point.