PSU blew up, need a new one

So I was doing a Christmas Eve Live stream over on my twitch channel and everything was going great. Playing GRW, streaming, and recording locally without a probably. Then seemingly at random, my dual screen config goes black, my led lights on my mouse and keyboard freeze mid cycle, and I hear my system fans power off. After attempting to turn the system back on, (even after resetting the PSU switch) the system would never power on again. My GPU light indicator would turn on, and the same with my peripherals, but the pc wouldn’t boot. Finally, I tested one piece at a time on another platform and every single piece verified good except the PSU. 

TL;DR, I need a new power supply. Specs below:

Ryzen 1700 @3.5

Asus GTX 1060 6GB @Stock

16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @2667

Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 Mobo

120GB Kingston SSD

2tb WD Black HDD

I have a soft cap of $80, but if it is necessary I can push it a little bit. 

Thanks!

FeelsBadMan

This should be enough, or you can go to the 650 watt model if needed.

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

Wow i am not the only one who got their psu blew up on christmas.

EVGA G2 550w should suffice.

Its a tier 1 psu so the performance and build quality is solid.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

Which PSU do you currently have? Can you RMA it?

And what's country do you live in?

Hand me down, no, and US

8 minutes ago, GeNNex said:

I should mention my previous PSU was 550w. Maybe it was low quality idk. But I’m think 650-700 maybe?

550 watts is more than you'd need for a 1060 and an r7 1700. By like 100 or more Watts. it was the quality of the PSU not the maximum power output. But if you want you can take the 650 watt model and feel a little safer. Just a tad.

PCPP say that the build will use around 289 watts. maybe more, maybe less, but certainly less than 550.

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

10 hours ago, PerfectPlasma said:

550 watts is more than you'd need for a 1060 and an r7 1700. By like 100 or more Watts. it was the quality of the PSU not the maximum power output. But if you want you can take the 650 watt model and feel a little safer. Just a tad.

PCPP say that the build will use around 289 watts. maybe more, maybe less, but certainly less than 550.

Thanks! 

12 hours ago, GeNNex said:

Hand me down, no, and US

The Focus Plus Gold/Platinum, G2/P2/G3, RMx, Cooler Master V and Whisper M are good options. 550W is plenty. 

:)

5 minutes ago, seon123 said:

The Focus Plus Gold/Platinum, G2/P2/G3, RMx, Cooler Master V and Whisper M are good options. 550W is plenty. 

Would you recommend this?

8BD4FE1C-D5F1-4D56-AC8D-CD0A117D0288.png

2 minutes ago, GeNNex said:

Would you recommend this?

No, that's an absolutely aweful unit. 

The G3 550W is available for $65, last time I checked, that's a good option. If you absolutely cannot afford that, the CX550M should be available for $35, and the CX450 for $20. But using a higher end PSU will allow you to use it for much longer than if you get a low end PSU. 

:)