I'm lookin for advice with my first desktop pc build

Hi all!

I am new to this forum so I will go with recommendations from pinned post.

1. Budget and location
My budget is 10.000 PLN / 2 830 USD / 2 390 EUR (I live in Poland) for the computer alone (no keyboard, no mouse or monitor) and I don't want to go over it. I mean if it does go over by a few then I won't be mad, but I'd really like to stay below.

2. Aim
I'd need the computer for gaming, and by that I mean playing any new game that comes out for at least a couple of years at the minimum of High graphic settings, but I aim to play every new game at Ultra. Which means that if something similar to The Witcher 3 comes out I'd like to put it on Ultra settings without hesitation and be sure it'll work just fine. Or if I decide to put two hundred mods into Fallout 4 there won't be any rendering or lighting issues.

3. Monitors
I plan on having just 1 monitor that plays in 2k, in 2560x1080 resolution but I might upgrade it to 4k in future.

4. Peripherals
No need for a keyboard, a mouse or a monitor - I have a separate budget for that and they're all preselected.

5. Why are you upgrading?
I'm upgrading because I have an Alienware M17 laptop of almost 5 years and firstly I'm moving to a place where there will be space for a PC, and secondly I'm kinda sick of constantly wondering if the computer will run certain games. It was really nice at first but now I can afford something much better and I think the time has come for me to play any game I want without giving the minimal requirements any thought. I can sell my old computer for a pretty penny, so I won't be sad to upgrade from such a good laptop to an even better PC.

I have done some research and I ended up with something like this. I will be grateful for any advice on how to improve build down below.

CPU: Intel i7-8700K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15 or Corsair H115i
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Waterforce AIO
RAM: HyperX Predator DDR4 2x8GB, 3000MHz
Storage:
- SSD GoodRam Iridium GEN2 120GB SATA III (local brand, pretty decent)
- HDD Seagate BarraCuda 2 TB
PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro P11 750W
Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 or Corsair Obsidian 750D or Fractal Design Meshify (I would love to pick this one but I am not sure if all of the components will fit in)

4 minutes ago, Eshyagnnor said:

2 830 USD

$2,830 USD?

Just want to make sure.

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

Without the monitor there is almost nothing else I can fill the rest of the budget with that makes sense besides mass storage.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf2CsJ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf2CsJ/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($405.98 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid 240 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS GAMING WIFI (rev. 1.0) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($183.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($204.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($246.39 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC2 HYBRID GAMING Video Card  ($804.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake - Smart M 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($72.72 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: AOC - AG271QG 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  ($601.74 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2725.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-12-21 16:21 EST-0500

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

The only think I would change is the SATA SSD. Slap an NVME drive in that puppy.

8 minutes ago, Eshyagnnor said:

Hi all!

I am new to this forum so I will go with recommendations from pinned post.

1. Budget and location
My budget is 10.000 PLN / 2 830 USD / 2 390 EUR (I live in Poland) for the computer alone (no keyboard, no mouse or monitor) and I don't want to go over it. I mean if it does go over by a few then I won't be mad, but I'd really like to stay below.

2. Aim
I'd need the computer for gaming, and by that I mean playing any new game that comes out for at least a couple of years at the minimum of High graphic settings, but I aim to play every new game at Ultra. Which means that if something similar to The Witcher 3 comes out I'd like to put it on Ultra settings without hesitation and be sure it'll work just fine. Or if I decide to put two hundred mods into Fallout 4 there won't be any rendering or lighting issues.

3. Monitors
I plan on having just 1 monitor that plays in 2k, in 2560x1080 resolution but I might upgrade it to 4k in future.

4. Peripherals
No need for a keyboard, a mouse or a monitor - I have a separate budget for that and they're all preselected.

5. Why are you upgrading?
I'm upgrading because I have an Alienware M17 laptop of almost 5 years and firstly I'm moving to a place where there will be space for a PC, and secondly I'm kinda sick of constantly wondering if the computer will run certain games. It was really nice at first but now I can afford something much better and I think the time has come for me to play any game I want without giving the minimal requirements any thought. I can sell my old computer for a pretty penny, so I won't be sad to upgrade from such a good laptop to an even better PC.

I have done some research and I ended up with something like this. I will be grateful for any advice on how to improve build down below.

CPU: Intel i7-8700K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15 or Corsair H115i
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Waterforce AIO
RAM: HyperX Predator DDR4 2x8GB, 3000MHz
Storage:
- SSD GoodRam Iridium GEN2 120GB SATA III (local brand, pretty decent)
- HDD Seagate BarraCuda 2 TB
PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro P11 750W
Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 or Corsair Obsidian 750D or Fractal Design Meshify (I would love to pick this one but I am not sure if all of the components will fit in)

Everything you have already looks great. Not sure if you really need 750w but whatever. With that kind of a budget I'd look at faster / more SSD storage. Go for something like a 500GB Nvme SSD at least 

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

In my experience, I'd say the SSD is too small.  120GB will get filled very quickly unless you are very studious in using you HDD.  If gaming your goal, I would consider 250GB SSD for system, 250 - 500GB SSD for games, and then a HDD for everything else.  Budget allowing of course...

edit: Whoops, looks like this has already been covered.  This is what happens when I walk away and come back.

Edited by Blasteque

That's great, thanks. But do you think that all of my components will fit into the Meshify C tower? And for the CPU cooler what would you pick - the Noctua or the Corsair? So in that case do you think I should get a 250Gb SSD for just the system and such and add a second one with 500Gb just for games? Can you recommend any brands or should I go with the safe oprion of Samsung Evo?

39 minutes ago, PerfectPlasma said:

Without the monitor there is almost nothing else I can fill the rest of the budget with that makes sense besides mass storage.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf2CsJ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf2CsJ/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($405.98 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid 240 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS GAMING WIFI (rev. 1.0) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($183.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($204.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($246.39 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC2 HYBRID GAMING Video Card  ($804.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake - Smart M 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($72.72 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: AOC - AG271QG 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  ($601.74 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2725.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-12-21 16:21 EST-0500

To be honest, what is the difference between Master Liquid and H115i in terms of cooling perfomance? I am just curious.
Also is there any significant difference between 1080 Ti's in terms of pure perfomance? Or it is so minimal we are choosing a card based cooling / noise and price?