The Bleeding Edge Chase!

Princess Luna

Hiho every one!

It has been a year that I've been around, I have had plenty of fun and enjoyment in this forum, cheers for every one I get to know in here, I have been always really into the PC world but since my Core2Duo E7600 and GTX 560 Ti computer from teenager times I went a huge gap even without it, only stuck to a shitty laptop.

You know how it goes college and all harsh times but I sworn to myself when I got a good job and all was settle down nicely I would really invest in this as a hobby. As promised as delivered, when I got hired on my new job which I'm still at for this whole year I went and bought myself a system at last, it was the best I could possible do on Brazilian market at the time for the budget I had in hand.

Nothing to throw away either it featured an i7 6700, Asus h110m-C, 8GB Corsair Value Select, 2nd hand GTX TITAN X on my recently moved in new home:

Spoiler

8hmW1Uk.jpgeMiNCFz.jpgXDQ5QdM.jpgj2VwgZ7.jpg

It served me greatly but obviously I always wanted more and I chased more through this first year I was part of here, I become addict for the second hand deals and I managed over time get a pair of two GSkill Trident Z static white 3200mhz 8gb sticks for a killer price almost I feared every day until it get to me that it was a scam from how good ^^

I managed to sell my TITAN X and in the very same day get off our brazilian ebay (mercadolivre) a second hand only 1 month used EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FE from a closing down rendering studio making a "trade" without losses ^^

With these two awesome deals I managed to have a far better system that was already perfectly capable of any game I throw at it featuring the i7 6700, 16gb still at 2133mhz though, and the 1080 Ti:

Spoiler

YdA4ZNZ.jpg

YUC8rjv.jpg

Sadly though that wasn't "bleeding edge" enough to fight my brother xD

Seriously though I wanted to balance all nicer, I kept trying to find deals until a church, yes a church, ask me to do a budget for a capable enough system for their youtube streaming and video editing and what not... it was the supposedly "tech savvy" of the church, very good kid they say but really bad at knowing hardware... heheh

He wanted i7 and gpu with 2gb, that's it, literally all he could say.

So I offered the i7 6700, with the old 8gb Corsair VS stick, for a fixed priced plus work, and he said "oh much wow most cheap one I go with you" literally.

Be as that I may I built him an i7 with 2gb GPU, made quite the buck on it, don't feel bad about it because for what is worth it still a great computer.

Went though the hassle of preparing it:

Spoiler

apJEQho.jpg

cWOsvw2.jpg

yL1Yjt6.jpggfRCo14.jpg2AophR9.jpg

FINISHED:

H5hnKE5.jpg

Either ways when I went to give the PC all went well and I very soon already ordered my new one, I literally tried to make the best value ever possible within high end, I knew it would still be costy but I with deep thinking I walk away on overclocking the i7 and settle for the locked one, as I have written plenty around already I strongly believe that is the best value in Coffee Lake since not only the CPU is cheaper you get to cheap up on just about every thing and still something cool and awesome performing.

Parts got home and building it up began, it was all pretty enjoyable, had wine during it and all, had a scare at the end when it wouldn't post but was a silly out of practice mistaken with the memory dimms used:

Spoiler

BjFD9p2.jpgYG4cZHa.jpg

RL3IrFN.jpg1zDMha0.jpg0ukRyxC.jpgE6s2Isg.jpgcr1AiaM.jpg0V3Kje7.jpg

Now this is the part I will give my special thanks to @MageTank suggestion of case, I have been wonderfully satisfied by the product in every way, thanks to @PCGuy_5960 and @done12many2 and @Morgan MLGman for always reassuring me that even though overclocking is all that awesomeness one can live quite satisfied with the locked one in the mainstream just as much, be this a living proof that sometimes that unlocked i5 with all the fancy cooling and mobo might not be the best way around.

@dizmo Because I like talking to ye xD

@STRMfrmXMN for making picking a good power supply easy.

System is up and running delightfully, I have upgraded my bedroom as well with good furniture so you can say the very hard working year totally paid off ^^

GpRCMI8.jpg

&

NeHg2R7.png

Will start playing around with it now, seems like it'll deeply suffice for my gaming and content creation ^^

I lost the superposition SS right now but it was 6000 perfect score on 1080p Extreme for whoever wants to know, graphics card is running according to MSi Afterburner at 1976mhz  core clock and 5999mhz memory clock once stables at long period of usage with around 77Cº max temps.

Cheers and thanks for checking out.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

What chase?

Did you mean case?

Or chassis?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Damn, that's a nice post! ;) I'm glad you're happy with your current PC!

Seriously though, it's super-nice to find other people that love building PCs as much as you do ^_^

P.S. Get a fan working as exhaust in the back in your rig, it should improve airflow and it will look better if you get a nice fan too

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

17 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

-

Thank you very kindly ^^

It was a very exciting build, who knows I won't try the same feat when we have ice lake and Volta/ampere out ^^

The money from the old PC plus some saved extra sadly only served for these, even had to cheap up on the mailing service lucky it worked out fine...

So without means to afford the extra fans now I took as much advantage of the included 2 ones with the case, put from the rear to the front since the FE does works as an exhaust fan on its own, so far the system is extremely silent and already greatly cool, it was an amazing upgrade.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Great build blog! I definitely appreciate the pictures, it really completes a post like this. If I was in charge I'd make it a requirement, and a minimum number of pictures as well! It's been interesting watching your computer evolve. It's almost like every time I look at your signature there's something new.

It's 2017...no love for RGB? ;)

Oh, and I enjoy talking to you as well :P:$

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 12/26/2017 at 5:32 PM, dizmo said:

It's 2017...no love for RGB?

Oh call me a rebel but I wanted it to be RGB free xD

I used to be even more into changing stuff regularly when my brother still lived with me, he is the true enthusiast, from what I know he is trying to sell his Ryzen 7 1800x for an i9 7900x now that his job justifies a really powerful workstation, be not mistaken though even he does money management as he can, his TITAN Xp's were all second hand deals with regretful buyers that did not know any better when putting that "powerful gaming station".

Personal Desktop":

20 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

Oh call me a rebel but I wanted it to be RGB free xD

I used to be even more into changing stuff regularly when my brother still lived with me, he is the true enthusiast, from what I know he is trying to sell his Ryzen 7 1800x for an i9 7900x now that his job justifies a really powerful workstation, be not mistaken though even he does money management as he can, his TITAN Xp's were all second hand deals with regretful buyers that did not know any better when putting that "powerful gaming station".

Haha, how dare you! Though tbh I likely wouldn't fiddle around with colors either. Most of the time I don't even want a windowed case at all :P All about that SFF life.

Lucky! Honestly, even though I can buy new stuff, I find it more exciting to hunt down deals on the used market. Seeing how sweet of a system I can get for as little investment, while still meeting some basic requirements (nothing super old, etc). Though Intels new chips have destroyed virtually all the value in doing that.

Do you get some of your brothers old stuff?

My dad's really into PC gaming and upgrading, but sadly he runs even older stuff than I do seeing as he was running it all (until his free 55" 4k TV he got recently) at 720p on a rear projection TV. Though now that I think about it the computer in his room must have had something better in it..

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red