Apple to combine macOS and iOS applications next year

1 hour ago, XenosTech said:

They don't need mobile presence to make money

But they wanted a mobile presence and they failed at it. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

9 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

But they wanted a mobile presence and they failed at it. 

Still doesn't change the fact they don't need presence in mobile to make money. That's like saying nvidia or intel need to make their presence known in the mobile market to make money, they don't. It's quite normal for a company microsoft's size to want to grow into other established markets and try to gain market share. Sometimes it's a massive success other times it's a massive bust.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

It sounds good in theory... An iPad running macOS applications and a Mac running iPad applications. It will flop like Microsoft's UWP!

10 hours ago, TheCherryKing said:

It sounds good in theory... An iPad running macOS applications and a Mac running iPad applications. It will flop like Microsoft's UWP!

I would advise reading what is written. This is software designed to run on both. Microsoft made the mistake of people expecting existing software to run on Windows RT.

hahaha this could fail badly if they do what MS did, it might work, maybe not

6 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

This is software designed to run on both

Exactly like UWP and every other failed attempt.

The concept is neat for a pet project, but nothing more.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

5 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Exactly like UWP and every other failed attempt.

The concept is neat for a pet project, but nothing more.

Let me rephrase. Rather than having a new system advertised as Windows (or Mac OS) like the RT, it is more the ability to run applications on both, as well as maintaining the ability to run native applications.

What MS did was build a new App database from scratch and expect people to use a device with a few applications, however iOS already has the biggest App Store, so it is more in addition with MacOS and iOS, rather than solely on one platform.

Hopefully that is enough waffle to see where i’m getting at. We could both be wrong really.

13 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

I would advise reading what is written. This is software designed to run on both. Microsoft made the mistake of people expecting existing software to run on Windows RT.

Windows RT didn't have UWP.

1 hour ago, TheCherryKing said:

Windows RT didn't have UWP.

Windows 10 S or whatever. It’s all garbage anyway. 

4 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Windows 10 S or whatever. It’s all garbage anyway. 

That's true! It is garbage too! 

Apple One.

MacOne.

Macintosh One.

iOne.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx