UPC's Ultimate Build Painted Mobo, 900d LED Midplate COMPLETE

U_P_C

Interesting carbon wrapping job..? Certainly looks like the build will be beautiful.

Looks great so far! Have you thought of installing the bay res the other way so it is only visible from the inside and all the connections are hidden behind it? I was going to do this for my build because I just hate the look of a broken up front on the 900d. I installed my bay res in the bottom most fan spot in the front so when you take off the cover and grill it is shown.

I have since changed the pump to an MCP655 but I have seen some awesome builds with the bay res on the inside. Just a suggestion for you.

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Interesting carbon wrapping job..? Certainly looks like the build will be beautiful.

Thanks man, I ended up changing it, it didn't turn our like id hoped, plus it would have been the only thing carbon in it

Looks great so far! Have you thought of installing the bay res the other way so it is only visible from the inside and all the connections are hidden behind it? I was going to do this for my build because I just hate the look of a broken up front on the 900d. I installed my bay res in the bottom most fan spot in the front so when you take off the cover and grill it is shown.

I have since changed the pump to an MCP655 but I have seen some awesome builds with the bay res on the inside. Just a suggestion for you.

I hear what you saying, when I built this the original plan was 2 d5 pumps 2 250ml res but they ran out of the res back then.

The build is completed since June, when I tear down to clean it all I've got some ideas for the bay res

first the how to:

Start off by marking your measurements and clamp it down, measure twice cut once!

DSCF0537_zps0b751aa1.jpg

After all that plexi cutting and aluminum cutting, a new disk is needed

DSCF0538_zps7196e4f6.jpg

cutting metal generates a lot of heat. it actually melted my clamp!

DSCF0539_zps220569a3.jpg

Now that the metal pieces are cut, i made a stencil for the remaining layers and transferred it to the plexi. this layer is frosted

DSCF0540_zps646e7f98.jpg

uh oh storm clouds! tornado watch for my area last night

DSCF0541_zps86fa2bf0.jpg

hmm?

DSCF0542_zpsbd6fe21b.jpg

got anxious and didnt even take the tape off! i needed to know it worked right away!

DSCF0543_zps06d89b1d.jpg

And now i present to you, my illuminated mid panel for the 900d!!!!!

DSCF0545_zps81034426.jpg

not that this is done all thats left is the loops, sleeve some more plexi and overclocking, them finally game time!

Getting better and better  :)

Corsair 350d | Asus Maximus VI Gene | Intel Core i7 4770k | Corsair h100i | Reference GTX 780 | Corsair AX760i | WD 1tb green | Samsung 840 pro 256gb

That panel is a freaking brilliant idea.. Don't be surprised if you see it in one of my builds eventually :D

Getting better and better :)

Best is yet to come =]

That panel is a freaking brilliant idea.. Don't be surprised if you see it in one of my builds eventually :D

Thanks buddy! When I made this back in June I was the first person to make it for the 900d! Inspired by kier and Charles from murderbox

where i last left off was with the mid panel completed. now its time to mount the reservoir. so using the template i made before i measured and cut the holes for the bottom piece, the bottom piece isnt a circle so i have to make the bottom layer different than the top two

DSCF0547_zps23ef5416.jpg

looks like my epoxy broke off, i fixed that then

heres how it looks once back in!

DSCF0549_zpsffbb1ce4.jpg

DSCF0550_zps3693cfc3.jpg

i also mounted the ssd's

DSCF0553_zpsacaff4b3.jpg

marked cut lines for wires

DSCF0554_zpsa2ca0f35.jpg

Cut the holes

DSCF0560_zps8f3196f6.jpg

i didnt take any pictues of the wires but what i did was cut and splice two power connectors so 10 wires into 5 then soldered on enough wires to route them to the bottom. i also had to make new crimps for the connectors. and i sleeved it all

Next project i undertook was the radiators. i didnt want to run 6 fan wires up top and 8 down below so i cut, soldered and spliced them. now there is only going to be 1 wire per side.

measure/cut/strip/solder/sleeve/crimp/sleeve/test

DSCF0562_zps27065b27.jpg

finished product

DSCF0564_zpsad97797d.jpg

i think i went a little heavy on the shrink at the joints but other thank that this side is done! only one more for the top rad and two more for the bottom

things are starting to finally come together, i had a good bit of time this weekend to sit down and crank out the work!

First  copied my template over to the white plexi and cut it out. i also marked and cut holes for the cables

DSCF0565_zps374a8387.jpg

Once that was complete, it was time to cut the black plexi piece, so i transferred the template over. and scored it

DSCF0596_zps3c271819.jpg

but when i went to snap it it broke

DSCF0597_zps693a5caf.jpg

so now that piece is ruined. but not to fear i have an idea to get me close to where i wanted to be!

so i did some masking

DSCF0570_zpse94cd756.jpg

and bought out my trusty friend PLASTI DIP!!! i love this stuff

tacked it up

DSCF0571_zps18ebfec8.jpg

layer 2

DSCF0572_zpsf965966f.jpg

layer 3,4,5,6!

DSCF0594_zpsa44b19e0.jpg

peeled the tape off, and there ya go! not exactly how i had it planned but until i take the measurements and what not for the black plexi piece, this will do.

DSCF0595_zpsbf25f364.jpg

oh in the mean time while the paint was drying, i decided to redo the ssd panel. the carbon got all dirty and i wasnt happy with the cuts

DSCF0573_zpseab4e63c.jpg

Installed

DSCF0609_zps5344f3b5.jpg

I also tackled most of the sleeving! i originally wanted to use heatshrink, as i think if you can pull it off perfectly it looks the best. but after many tries, my hat goes off to you all who use heatshrink, it is so hard to get a consistent and uniform look for it even with the tools!

so i went the shrinkless route

4 pin cpu

DSCF0598_zps18b95eb9.jpg

8 pin and 4 pin cpu together

DSCF0602_zpsb3b62ccd.jpg

DSCF0603_zps34ad4a2e.jpg

24 pin

DSCF0607_zpsdac91fb0.jpg

getting close!

DSCF0610_zps42dd7a90.jpg

and i leave you for now with some extra led panel bonus picks

DSCF0575_zps7f693910.jpg

DSCF0576_zpscf7f221e.jpg

DSCF0577_zps41d1b099.jpg

DSCF0579_zpsd292f384.jpg

DSCF0580_zpse5fb9988.jpg

DSCF0581_zps37c6532d.jpg

DSCF0589_zpsd6e8aeea.jpg

i smell a new build log of the week, when this one is finished , its beautiful so far

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

i smell a new build log of the week, when this one is finished , its beautiful so far

Wow thanks! That would be Awesome!

Loving the progression of this build! Moar!

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Loving the progression of this build! Moar!

thanks man! ill have an update soon

Thanks everyone for checking it out!

ok small update

yesterday i wired up the fans for the quad rad. this seems like an easy task but holy smokes is it difficult with all black wires! it took me almost 2 hours to complete one side of the rad. of course i didnt get the wiring right on the first try so i had to desolder and then wire again. thankfully i got 3/4 right.

The second side took a little less time to complete and, this time i got it right! unfortunately i did a much better job on this side so now i had to redo the other side. and wouldnt you know, i'm out of the proper shrink ughhh so more of thats on the way and then ill take pictures of the finished product!

since i also miscalculated how many fittings i would need, i had to order those as well. nothing like spending 7 dollars in shipping for a 6 dollar fitting!

so in the mean time i decided to tackle the cable management of the back side. i love the clean wire management that many of you all implemented so i did my best at routing and securing.

heres all the wires from the front panel, the sata data and power. Also the pump wire, and the top rad wires. soooo many wires! 

DSCF0566_zps62625886.jpg

and after much manhandling heres how it looks now

bd6d9630-a9bd-464a-bf9e-0aa7f251c3c0_zps

wide view of the front panel, sata, 24 pin, 4 and 8 pin cpu

DSCF0614_zpsdd95af64.jpg

4 and 8 pin cpu

DSCF0615_zpsab2365ac.jpg

24 pin

DSCF0621_zps265b10ee.jpg

Thats it for now!, until my fittings arrive im going to resleeve (again) the led panel wires. sleeve and possibly extend the front fan wires. sleeve and extend the rear fan wires. reshrink the front panel connectors.

thanks!

Great looking build, cant wait for the finished product. Love the obsidian series, my 750D will be here tomorrow :)

Great looking build, cant wait for the finished product. Love the obsidian series, my 750D will be here tomorrow :)

thanks anti hero....and my friend just ordered his 750d. we are going to be modding it and make the 750d UPC's flagship case. expect another illuminated midpanel muhahaha

thanks anti hero....and my friend just ordered his 750d. we are going to be modding it and make the 750d UPC's flagship case. expect another illuminated midpanel muhahaha

Awesome. Is UPC your company? I gather its a tech/pc company? Cant wait to see the 750D as well, I'm coming from a C70. I needed a bit more room.

Awesome. Is UPC your company? I gather its a tech/pc company? Cant wait to see the 750D as well, I'm coming from a C70. I needed a bit more room.

Yes it is. Pc builder, modder, sleeved solution provider

You can check my website www.ult1matepc.com

Yes it is. Pc builder, modder, sleeved solution provider

You can check my website www.ult1matepc.com

Cool, ill check it out.

WOW it's like...........WOW

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.