delete this

VillaiNPC

I've had my PC for almost 2 years now and I've been playing the same games for a while now but only recently my CPU has been at 100% on every game i play. So i cannot use my second monitor how i would like to without stuttering/lag and sometimes it being unresponsive makes it unbearable to use.

Games:

PUBG

Rocket League

Fortnite

Call of Duty WWII

Rainbow Six Siege

Subnautica

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Grand Theft Auto V

ARK: Survival Evolved

(and some other games)

This really ain't much surprising... I mean it is the latest games, a lot of which are unoptimized, on a quadcore CPU without hyper-threading...

DDU in Safe Mode and reinstall you GPU drivers fresh new, I find this valid doing once in a while, it could help out... make sure not to have too many background processes as well which will be eating your already limited CPU resources given as said it is a 4c/4t only and that simply isn't enough for nowadays... so much that quadcores without HT are now i3's.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

This really ain't much surprising... I mean it is the latest games, a lot of which are unoptimized, on a quadcore CPU without hyper-threading...

DDU in Safe Mode and reinstall you GPU drivers fresh new, I find this valid doing once in a while, it could help out... make sure not to have too many background processes as well which will be eating your already limited CPU resources given as said it is a 4c/4t only and that simply isn't enough for nowadays... so much that quadcores without HT are now i3's.

I've just done a benchmark w/ 15% background CPU, I closed most of the programs before doing the benchmark but I'm not too sure if 15% background CPU is bad or not?

Benchmark: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/6309720

What are your temps, you may want to overclock your 6600K a bit further if you can, I was able to get 4.2Ghz on all cores with a 4.0Ghz uncore on my 6600k without adding any voltage. The only reason I didn't go further was because of the small form factor case, small CPU air cooler, and very hot environment it lives in.

i9-10900K, Asus ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming WiFi, Asus TUF RTX3080, 32GB G.Skill 3200MHz CL14

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB, EVGA Supernova 850W G3, Asus Xonar DGX

Fractal Design Define C TG, Noctua NH-U14S, Asus PG279Q 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz

Just now, VillaiNPC said:

?

I'm not quite sure I understood you but if your CPU is idling with a constant 15% usage then you probably have a bit too much usage going on... it is hard to just say what you should do... depends a lot on the healthy of your OS, maybe your CPU is thermal throttling?  I mean there is too much variables if you want to really go deep on this you need to provide far more information, run benchmarks with all the reading programs open and all... task manager every thing,lots of screenshots.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 minutes ago, SALEEN961 said:

What are your temps, you may want to overclock your 6600K a bit further if you can, I was able to get 4.2Ghz on all cores with a 4.0Ghz uncore on my 6600k without adding any voltage. The only reason I didn't go further was because of the small form factor case, small CPU air cooler, and very hot environment it lives in.

what program should i use to see what my temps are idle and under load?

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

I'm not quite sure I understood you but if your CPU is idling with a constant 15% usage then you probably have a bit too much usage going on... it is hard to just say what you should do... depends a lot on the healthy of your OS, maybe your CPU is thermal throttling?  I mean there is too much variables if you want to really go deep on this you need to provide far more information, run benchmarks with all the reading programs open and all... task manager every thing,lots of screenshots.

I'm a noob when it comes to these things if you have free time to lead me through the first few steps to give you more information if not it's totally fine :)

6 minutes ago, VillaiNPC said:

what program should i use to see what my temps are idle and under load?

I like using core temp, it can be set to run at start up and it records the max and min temps in addition to giving you your current temps on all cores. This allows me to focus on the game I'm playing and then go back and check to see what my max temps were after the fact.

i9-10900K, Asus ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming WiFi, Asus TUF RTX3080, 32GB G.Skill 3200MHz CL14

Just now, SALEEN961 said:

I like using core temp, it can be set to run at start up and it records the max and min temps in addition to giving you your current temps on all cores. This allows me to focus on the game I'm playing and then go back and check to see what my max temps were after the fact.

mind linking the download?

12 minutes ago, VillaiNPC said:

mind linking the download?

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

Those temps are very low, and that's a good thing, you have a lot of thermal headroom if you decide to overclock your 6600K, I think you'll be able to hit 4.2Ghz without any effort, and maybe 4.6Ghz if you want to put the extra time and effort in.

My 6600K runs at 4.2Ghz with a 4.0Ghz uncore with 1.20Vcore, 24hr stress test stable, with temps under 70C. Depending on your luck you may want to bump the voltage up slightly to 1.25, but even then your temps should be fine.