Antec TriCool 120mm DB not pulling air after closing the cabinet

Gamer Guy

Hi Guys,

I have the Corsair Carbide Series 100R cabinet with two fans at the front and the one at the back.

Of the two fans at the front, the top one (below the DVD drive space - middle of the case) is Cooler Master SickleFlow 120mm and the bottom one is the Antec TriCool 120mm DBB. The thing is when I install the Antec fan and put my hand behind the HDD brackets (with the front panel removed), I can feel enough air moving into the motherboard area. But when I install the front panel, airflow is drastically reduced even in the top speed. I then tried bringing the front panel close to the case's front side step by step and found that the front panel is blocking the air for sure. But the thing is the cooler master sickle flow pulls enough air (through the side vents) even after installing the front panel. Both fans are of almost same dimensions and have same clearance from the front panel (after installing).

Is it the blade design of the Antec fan that "slip factor" becomes high? Or am I missing something here?

Ok so the Antec seems to be a high airflow fan but you have no open space there so you should better get another one optimized for high static pressure since your front panel has only this side openings and the drive cage also lowers airflow additionally. This video might help you understand the problem you have there with this specific case:

i tend to go for a case with open air intake and dust filters you clean every month or so.