Copenhagen Wheel - Cycling reinvented, smart biking

HDZx

This is a new bicycle wheel from MIT. It can sync with your smartphone and apps, and automatically detects and gives you a boost while riding your bike that can help you get up hills, and go long distances with ease.

https://www.superpedestrian.com/

What do you guys think?

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.0GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Storage: Samsung 120GB 840 SSD Cooling: Corsair H100 with Noctuas Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2

SpeedTest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3243874809.png

This is... old :| 

Well, nothing has been posted here about it yet and the video was posted around a week ago.

Maybe it's old to you, but not to many other people here.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.0GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Storage: Samsung 120GB 840 SSD Cooling: Corsair H100 with Noctuas Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2

Well, nothing has been posted here about it yet and the video was posted around a week ago.

Maybe it's old to you, but not to many other people here.

yh... its an new video, this has been floating around for about 3/6 weeks now 

Character artist in the Games industry.

yh... its an new video, this has been floating around for about 3/6 weeks now 

Sure, I will say it again, nothing has been posted here about it. What you say is 'old' maybe isn't old to other people.

My build:

Why do you need and overpriced smartphone to go cycling? Sounds dumb. If this thing needed to communicate with a device, they should have included one just for the bike.

Sure, I will say it again, nothing has been posted here about it. What you say is 'old' maybe isn't old to other people.

did you use the search tool on the forums? its not that great cause no one realy sets their posts up for them :| you need to google the topic and put "linustechtips" at the end 

Character artist in the Games industry.

That's actually pretty awesome. And being able to store kinetic energy on the go is nice as well. And if I'm reading things correctly it can take you 30 miles at 20mph. I would literally get rid of my car for this.

Now I just need a good bike :P

Really? A wheel that syncs with your smartphone.... Why........ Sounds useless to me.

if this was cheap enough, worked with windows phone  then i migh learn how to ride a bike so then i have no need for a car

Just a guy with a beard

Dude im from denmark and this concect has been here for a long time. Though it's nice that non danish people post some news about our little country.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

So that destroys the reason of exercising on a bike, and im sure you need to charge it some how so its not efficient, they crated a bike shaped electric car...

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

So that destroys the reason of exercising on a bike, and im sure you need to charge it some how so its not efficient, they crated a bike shaped electric car...

i think the battery charges whit the pedal motion (kinetic energy)

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

YES YES DO WANT YES. I ride my bike to work and go up numerous hills, I need this in my life right now!

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Rather expensive for a single/fixed gear part.

lol. I just opened this in a new tab and then immediatly opened fb and the first post there has the exact same title

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Never seen it before but its a really cool way to make a bike smart. The boost feature is pretty cool.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Interesting... but price is the deciding factor.

Did you not watch the video? It stores kinetic energy from breaking and when you aren't actually pedaling, there's no charging at an outlet involved. And if you ride a bike strictly for exercise then obviously you wouldn't use this, it's for people who use a bike to get around instead of a car, people that need to carry stuff etc.

Did you not watch the video? It stores kinetic energy from breaking and when you aren't actually pedaling, there's no charging at an outlet involved. And if you ride a bike strictly for exercise then obviously you wouldn't use this, it's for people who use a bike to get around instead of a car, people that need to carry stuff etc.

no i was in school when i posted that, sorry x3

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Really? A wheel that syncs with your smartphone.... Why........ Sounds useless to me.

It isn't 'just' a wheel that syncs with your smartphone, it syncs with your smartphone so it can use the smartphone to determine how to make the wheel more efficient and allow you to go further with less energy. If all it did was sync with your phone to give you stats about speed and distance it still isn't useless, but it is more than that.

Cool idea, ugly looking imo.

Probably can't go off curbs or it will break.