FPS in games halved after i hit my laptop

Okay ehm, so i was playing some games, stuff got ugly and i got pissed off. to keep the long story short i hit my laptop right in the middle of the keyboard (yeah i know i'm a dumbass). My laptop has an aluminium frame (ASUS N551JK-cn157h) and i hit it with enough force to dent it. 

Everything still works, and it even boots up in seconds due to the SSD i put into it. But when i try to play games again, it plays them at half the framerate i had before the 'incident'. 
When i checked the temps in MSI afterburner it said that my GPU was between 95 and 99 Degrees celcius, but my laptop was barely warm. (When i play a game for a while, and the GPU heats up, i can usually feel it below the spacebar). Later when i let it "cool down" , even though it wasn't hot, i tried again. But the results were the same, shitty fps. I put some examples down below. I drew a cirkle on the picture, which shows where i hit my laptop, i don't know if it helps.

Like with 'The Isle' used to run it around 40 fps, and now it runs at an amazing 13 to 20. Same thing for GTA 5 Online. And overwatch went from 70fps to 20/30.
I hope someone could help me out a bit. If you need more info or need me to run some tests, please tell me. 

Basic specs:
Intel core I7 4710HQ 2,5 Ghz (3,5 Ghz turbo)
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GTX 850M

laptop cirkel.jpg

You probably disconnected the heatpipes from the CPU/GPU due to warping. You're going to have to take it apart and reshape the metal parts.

Or go to zandparts (or equivalent) and order a new chassis.

EDIT: might I also advise some anger management courses.

Open it up and check if the cooling was dented, you might need to reapply thermal paste as well. Other than that, try not to hit a laptop that looks as thin as a MacBook?

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Just now, Majestic said:

You probably disconnected the heatpipes from the CPU/GPU due to warping. You're going to have to take it apart and reshape the metal parts.

Or go to zandparts (or equivalent) and order a new chassis.

Yeah i would like to do that, but my laptop is kind of hard to pry open. I have tried it before, but it required so much force that i gave up because i was afraid of breaking it in half. the only thing that is easily accesible is the hard drive and the RAM. I haven't managed to find an online video of how to open it up

1 minute ago, casperable said:

Yeah i would like to do that, but my laptop is kind of hard to pry open. I have tried it before, but it required so much force that i gave up because i was afraid of breaking it in half. the only thing that is easily accesible is the hard drive and the RAM. I haven't managed to find an online video of how to open it up

That's really your only recourse, and try not to damage your own things in the future?

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Have you taken out the screws below the rubber pads on the bottom? I JUST got finished repairing a zenbook, which is probably even more tricky than yours.

That one had hidden screws behind the top two rubber pads.

fml had to buy a seperate screwdriver set for that piece of shit T5 socket :/

Just now, thegreengamers said:

Open it up and check if the cooling was dented, you might need to reapply thermal paste as well. Other than that, try not to hit a laptop that looks as thin as a MacBook?

Yes i know, as i stated in thread, it was quite dumb of me to do. But my laptop certainly isn't as thin as a macbook. It's about 2 to 2,5 times thicker. But nonetheless, my laptop is really hard to open up. as i replied to "majestic" 'I have tried it before, but it required so much force that i gave up because i was afraid of breaking it in half. the only thing that is easily accesible is the hard drive and the RAM. I haven't managed to find an online video of how to open it up'.

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

Have you taken out the screws below the rubber pads on the bottom? I JUST got finished repairing a zenbook, which is probably even more tricky than yours.

That one had hidden screws behind the top two rubber pads.

Hmm, didn't think about that. I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow, i'll let you know how it went.

Just now, casperable said:

Hmm, didn't think about that. I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow, i'll let you know how it went.

Make sure to tag me, i'm not going to be checking this thread.

Just now, Majestic said:

Make sure to tag me, i'm not going to be checking this thread.

will do, thanks

5 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

That's really your only recourse, and try not to damage your own things in the future?

yeah, again i know i shouldn't hit stuff. Especially when it's fragile technology, the thing is, didn't really think about it while i was in the moment. I'm just trying to find out if there is another solution besides buying a new laptop.

Take it apart and see what's up.

Sounds like quite the rage there.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1