High end Ryzen set up underperforming

Hi, so I built this PC in order to stream at a good quality without sacrificing frames in game. The build was good at first, but I've had some serious performance issues as of late. So much so that I'm even going below 60 FPS in a game like BL2, which is extremely easy to run. Changing my graphics settings in any game does not affect its performance for me, so im led to believe it is a CPU issue. I also notice a slowness in moving tabs around on chrome once they've been open for a while.

I've tried trouble shooting many things, such as overclocking and changing my ram voltages, setting specific cores to certain games while off stream and on stream, still get terrible performance. I don't know what's wrong with my build, HELP

Build:
Ryzen 7 1700X OC'd to 3.9 at 1.3875V and 1.2V SoC voltage (this OC was done AFTER the performance issues, and the issues remain)

NZXT Kraken X62

ASUS ROG Strix X370-F gaming MOBO

G. SKILL TridentZ 2x8GB set of 3200 Mhz (had to be OC'd to reach 3200, but 3200 is the speed of the RAM, so not really pushing it there. This OC was also done after seeing the performance issues, with no improvement to performance once it was done)

EVGA SuperNova 750 G2

ASUS ROG Strix Gtx 1080 OC edition

Seagate Barracuda 2TB hard drive

Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD running Windows 10 64-bit

do you have the latest bios?

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

1 hour ago, Mankasiker said:

1.2V SoC voltage

This is insane and unnecessary.聽 I can run 3400+ ram speed with 1.1, no reason you'd need 1.2v (max recommended before you fry stuff)

1 hour ago, Mankasiker said:

G. SKILL TridentZ 2x8GB set of 3200 Mhz

My guess, this is your issue.聽 You're running on bare minimum ram for what you're doing.聽聽

Also, try Firefox Quantum over Chrome.聽 Works much better.

27 minutes ago, dave_k said:

Yes

4 minutes ago, Evanair said:

This is insane and unnecessary.聽 I can run 3400+ ram speed with 1.1, no reason you'd need 1.2v (max recommended before you fry stuff)

My guess, this is your issue.聽 You're running on bare minimum ram for what you're doing.聽聽

Isn't 3200 pretty fast though? I don't know of any guide or benchmark tests that used higher than 3200

Just now, Mankasiker said:

Isn't 3200 pretty fast though? I don't know of any guide or benchmark tests that used higher than 3200

3200 is more than enough, I was simply stating that I need less to get beyond 3200, so there should be no reason to use 1.2v to get to 3200.聽 1.1 should do you fine.

7 minutes ago, Evanair said:

Firefox Quantum still buggy, using only 1 tab its eating my cpu 20% all the time

image.png.8096c64ce1d0397222804e99e15ed291.png

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750聽| 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull聽| Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3 minutes ago, Mankasiker said:

I think he meant the capacity

4 minutes ago, Mankasiker said:

Yes

Try clearing CMOS and enter your overclocks again.

Leave the SoC stock and for CPU, have you used LLC with the 1.38V? Seems like way too much for 3.9GHz to me.

You should be able to do it at 1.375 LLC level 3 or 1.35V LLC level 4/5

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

Just now, Evanair said:

3200 is more than enough, I was simply stating that I need less to get beyond 3200, so there should be no reason to use 1.2v to get to 3200.聽 1.1 should do you fine.

Alright thanks. I still have the performance problems tho, since they were present before I OC'd the ram聽

1 minute ago, dave_k said:

I think he meant the capacity

Try clearing CMOS and enter your overclocks again.

Leave the SoC stock and for CPU, have you used LlC with the 1.38V? Seems like way too much for 3.9GHz to me.

You should be able to do it at 1.375 LLC level 3 or 1.35V LLC level 4/5

I'll try that yeah, but the performance issues happened before I did any OC'ing.聽

34 minutes ago, dave_k said:

Yes

My initial response would be to use several performance monitoring tools like afterburner for the GPU, hardware monitor for the CPU and even using the task manager like you're already using and start watching for any spikes in usage or maxed out memory or anything indicating a bottleneck of sorts.聽

I would start running some known problem programs to see if anything spikes as well as a performance check for the read and write speeds for your drives and even a memory checker to make sure your RAM is functioning at its desired speeds.

I would also be looking for anything silly like hard drive or solid-state drive with slow speeds, The system running off of integrated Graphics instead of the GPU, ect.

If I still haven't found anything I would likely reinstall the offending programs to see if anything changes and if still nothing I would finally reinstall Windows and see if the problem still replicates.

Best of luck to you! Just giving you my own personal thoughts on how I would proceed.