Half of my games are just consantly freezing

★ Coups ★

Hello!

A few days ago a lot of my games have been acting strangely. I was playing The Forest at the time and all of a sudden it just freezes every 5-10 seconds for like 30 seconds at a time, and its doing this with various other games too. I have no idea what the problem is, and it doesn't look like a temperature problem. Please help!

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

Just now, DarthTom56 said:

Have you tried turning it on and off again?

Oh gee. Didn't think of doing that!

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

10 minutes ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

A few days ago a lot of my games have been acting strangely. I was playing The Forest at the time and all of a sudden it just freezes every 5-10 seconds for like 30 seconds at a time, and its doing this with various other games too. I have no idea what the problem is, and it doesn't look like a temperature problem. Please help!

Not 100% sure.

Are all the nVidia drivers up to date?

Are all the Intel Chipset Drivers up to date?

Could you give some examples of other games that you have been experiencing the same problem with and 1 or 2 that you havent experienced this problem with.

My personal PC:

CPU: Intel - Core i5 8600k  Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo  Motherboard: Asus Prime Z370-P RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz DDR4 Storage: San Disk SSD Plus 240 GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB  Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC 8GB Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400S Tempered Glass ATX  PSU: Corsair CX550M 80+ Bronze Certified Semi Modular PSU.

Peripherals:

Mouse: Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse Keyboard: Rii - RK100 Wired Standard Keyboard Monitor: Asus - VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor Headset: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel Headset Speakers: Logitech - Z150 0W 2ch Speakers

Laptop: 

Medion  E6239 MD99452

PCPartpicker Link: 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/VVwvHN

Just now, TheNight said:

Not 100% sure.

Are all the nVidia drivers up to date?

Are all the Intel Chipset Drivers up to date?

Could you give some examples of other games that you have been experiencing the same problem with and 1 or 2 that you havent experienced this problem with.

All drivers are up to date.

PUBG works, same with Euro Truck Simulator.

The Forest & Rainbow 6 doesn't

It's really weird and incredibly frustrating, I could provide some footage if you'd like.

1 minute ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

It's really weird and incredibly frustrating, I could provide some footage if you'd like.

Hmmm. If its not to much hastle, that would help. 

I wonder is it something to do with reading the game from the hard drive or SSD.

My personal PC:

CPU: Intel - Core i5 8600k  Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo  Motherboard: Asus Prime Z370-P RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz DDR4 Storage: San Disk SSD Plus 240 GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB  Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC 8GB Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400S Tempered Glass ATX  PSU: Corsair CX550M 80+ Bronze Certified Semi Modular PSU.

Peripherals:

Mouse: Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse Keyboard: Rii - RK100 Wired Standard Keyboard Monitor: Asus - VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor Headset: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel Headset Speakers: Logitech - Z150 0W 2ch Speakers

Laptop: 

Medion  E6239 MD99452

PCPartpicker Link: 

9 minutes ago, TheNight said:

Hmmm. If its not to much hastle, that would help. 

I wonder is it something to do with reading the game from the hard drive or SSD.

My hard drive is very full. Could this be a reason for it being slow? I started recording with shadowplay and it has stopped doing it (The Forest). Its so weird

Just now, ★ Coups ★ said:

My hard drive is very full. Could this be a reason for it being slow? I started recording with shadowplay and it has stopped doing it (The Forest). Its so weird

If the games are stored on your hard drive, it could be. Try and defragment your hard drive and come back with results.

My personal PC:

Peripherals:

Laptop: 

Medion  E6239 MD99452

PCPartpicker Link: 

3 hours ago, TheNight said:

If the games are stored on your hard drive, it could be. Try and defragment your hard drive and come back with results.

I've done that and also cleaned my drives with Windirstat and The Forest is running better, still freezes rather often. I haven't yet tried my other games.

36 minutes ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

I've done that and also cleaned my drives with Windirstat and The Forest is running better, still freezes rather often. I haven't yet tried my other games.

Try and move games to the SSD. Still is there any performance distance

My personal PC:

Peripherals:

Laptop: 

Medion  E6239 MD99452

PCPartpicker Link: