Workstation laptop, what to get?

My dad needs a new business laptop (heavy multitasking of internet browser, excel, microsoft mail app, and several others) to last him the next 4 years. He needs an ssd (was thinking an m.2 would be most appropriate), numpad, beefy CPU (to last 4 years, so keep that in mind, quad cores with HT or better), an hdmi and VGA port or 2 hdmi, and RAM that can be upgraded to 16GB+. His budget is generally maxed at ~$1,000 but he is willing to pay more if it means it will outperform something cheaper by large margins.

We were just at best buy looking at the R5 2500u hp laptop, and it was unsatisfactory because of the hard drive ad the outrageous price to get an ssd in it. I think the best config for this would be a 1tb HDD and 250/256gb m.2 ssd combo. Please give me some suggestions.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

buisiness laptop for what sort of buisiness exactly?

I have edited in what he does, mostly heavy multitasking between 5-8 apps.

32 minutes ago, Rallenhayestime said:

My dad needs a new business laptop (heavy multitasking of internet browser, excel, microsoft mail app, and several others) to last him the next 4 years. He needs an ssd (was thinking an m.2 would be most appropriate), numpad, beefy CPU (to last 4 years, so keep that in mind, quad cores with HT or better), an hdmi and VGA port or 2 hdmi, and RAM that can be upgraded to 16GB+. His budget is generally maxed at ~$1,000 but he is willing to pay more if it means it will outperform something cheaper by large margins.

We were just at best buy looking at the R5 2500u hp laptop, and it was unsatisfactory because of the hard drive ad the outrageous price to get an ssd in it. I think the best config for this would be a 1tb HDD and 250/256gb m.2 ssd combo. Please give me some suggestions.

Go look at Dell's Latitude series laptops, they were made with this kind of user in mind.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

On 12/9/2017 at 6:31 PM, Theguywhobea said:

Go look at Dell's Latitude series laptops, they were made with this kind of user in mind.

eww

Go Thinkpad or Elitebook IMO.

Thinkpad P71, P51, and P51s are all rock solid machines with some hella good specs.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000