CPUS to electromagnetics

I was wondering how electromagnetics would effect CPUs 

3 minutes ago, Caleb5701 said:

It can alter or generate signals if the magnetic field is constantly changing but it's likely not going to happen unless you have a rather strong magnetic field.

Otherwise nothing much happens. There is a concern that magnetic storage media like hard drives are affected by altering the arrangement of the "bits", but the electromagnet in those is typically much stronger than what most people have handy access to (this is after looking up on the interwebs what would putting a computer on a subwoofer would do). That is to say, most hard drives already have a very strong magnet in them (to move the head), so if that isn't influencing the arrangement of the bits on the drive, then I don't think much else would short of an MRI.

8 minutes ago, Caleb5701 said:

theyd break them

Not much, unless it's a very strong electromagnet. Most of what a CPU is made up is not magnetic (in the everyday sense). If the magnetic field is accelerating compared to the CPU and is very strong, it would induce currents which might possibly damage the CPU.

7 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

It can alter or generate signals if the magnetic field is constantly changing but it's likely not going to happen unless you have a rather strong magnetic field.

Otherwise nothing much happens. There is a concern that magnetic storage media like hard drives are affected by altering the arrangement of the "bits", but the electromagnet in those is typically much stronger than what most people have handy access to (this is after looking up on the interwebs what would putting a computer on a subwoofer would do). That is to say, most hard drives already have a very strong magnet in them (to move the head), so if that isn't influencing the arrangement of the bits on the drive, then I don't think much else would short of an MRI.

So if there was magnets on a cpu cooler it wouldn't really do anything

2 minutes ago, Caleb5701 said:

So if there was magnets on a cpu cooler it wouldn't really do anything

Correct. While I still wouldn't put something like a neodymium magnet anywhere near the PC, putting something like a refrigerator magnet on there isn't going do anything harmful.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Correct. While I still wouldn't put something like a neodymium magnet anywhere near the PC, putting something like a refrigerator magnet on there isn't going do anything harmful.

Okay thank you