ILO not responding and health monitoring has been disabled

Hi.

I have problem with server. ILO  4not responding and health monitoring has been disabled.

ILO responds to ping but webpage don`t opens. 

Is it soft problem or hardware?

Thanks in advance

I’m guessing it isn’t possible to power cycle this server? Have you tried connecting to iLo via SSH? You may be able to reboot the BMC if you can into it that way.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

We get that occasionally. You will probably need someone to power cycle the server to correct it for now.

May also want to check what version firmware the server is running - it may need an update.

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

Also it's best to actually unplug the power completely from the server too, that will fully reboot iLO. Had to do that a few times.

Thanks guys. I will try that solutions out. I wonder that is common error on that type servers?

All IPMI/BMC systems are susceptible to crashing. They are just an extra computer (usually some variant of an ARM CPU) that is on the same motherboard, and they run their own OS (usually some form of Linux with Busybox). About a week ago I had to remotely restart the IPMI on an AsrockRack motherboard because although the WebUI was working, the iKVM wasn’t. Dell DRAC, HP iLo, Asus ASMB, and any other similar product are really just the same thing.

Intresting. ILO 4 ip was shown at startup but after ip was unknown. I can ping it and it pings. Fans was at 100%. Temp sensor doesent show any temps. I cant reach ilo managment page evey time. Firmware and bios are up to date. Several restarts and shutdowns were made. Can it be the motherbpard itself?

3 hours ago, matih22 said:

Intresting. ILO 4 ip was shown at startup but after ip was unknown. I can ping it and it pings. Fans was at 100%. Temp sensor doesent show any temps. I cant reach ilo managment page evey time. Firmware and bios are up to date. Several restarts and shutdowns were made. Can it be the motherbpard itself?

You say “several restarts and shutdowns” but did you actually disconnect the power for an extended period of time, at least 30 seconds? Since the iLo is always on even when the main system is shut down, the only way to restart it is to complete unplug the power supply(s).

what happens if you try to telnet or SSH to the iLo IP?

Make and model of server would be handy.

I have the same problem on some of my cisco servers.
A switched PDU is the work around for remote sites if you do not have competent remote hands.