Will my Lenovo X60 benefit from an SSD?

Hey guys

I have an old IBM/Lenovo X60 tablet/laptop that I use as a second screen when gaming and other stuff when I'm too lazy to turn on my desktop... I was thinking of replacing the old harddrive with an ssd, but I don't know if is worth the cost... do you think it will help on the performance of the machine? It was "born" with Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, and has an Intel Core Duo L2400 @ 1.66GHz and 1.5GB of ram.

I hope you guys can help...

| Corsair Carbide 400Q | Intel Core i5 6600K | ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB |

| EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW+ ACX 2.0 SLI | Noctua NH-L9i | Corsair RM650X | HyperX Fury 240 GB | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB |

Steam: zonetrooper90 | PSN: zonetrooper90 | NNID: zonetrooper90 |

Yup almost every laptop without a SSD will get befit from having one. The only issue is by how much, olderlaptops that dont support AHCI may have issues with TRIM and the same goes with SATA3/6

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

sure but i dont know how good (if at all) windows xp handles ssd's

something like an ssdnow would be ideal for this

I should properly have written that I have Ubuntu running on it right now, and I'm plannig on trying SteamOS on it when released

| Corsair Carbide 400Q | Intel Core i5 6600K | ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB |

| EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW+ ACX 2.0 SLI | Noctua NH-L9i | Corsair RM650X | HyperX Fury 240 GB | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB |

I think some of the X60s were sold with SSDs, so it will probably make a difference.

Depends what you plan on using the unit for. If it's basic web browsing type stuff, it's a waste. If you run production software or game enough, it dramatically increases response time.

Edit: Oh dear, I checked up the unit and I didn't realize it was this old. The costs listed are on par with a nice 120GB-240GB SSD on its own. Plus, a Sata III drive will be hindered on that old machine. Look for a cheaper old Sata II SSD.

I plan on using it for some games but not very demanding games