Gaming Laptop

Hello, so a friend of mine is looking for a laptop (Dont ask). Any laptop for the budget of 1400-1600?

I'd avoid Razer.

Without going into individual models, some options are:

Alienware 13/15

Dell Inspiron 7000 Gaming

MSI GS/GP/GT

ASUS ROG

Shop around on sites that deliver to where you live, and if you're unsure, post some links here for a bit more advice.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

You're coming from Estonia, I guess the currency you mean is €. 

We need criterias, what does he want?

- Portability? (Big or small laptop)

- Does he care about framerate and display technology (TN, IPS,..?)

- what gpu grade does he want? 1060? 1070? rx580?

- how much ram? 8 or 16?

- Intel 7th gen, 8th gen or Ryzen?

Personally, I very strongly do not recommend a gaming laptop unless there is no other way, unless your lifestyle is bound to be nomad. Compact ITX gaming PCs are a better option whether you build it yourself or buy an MSI Trident for instance.

Gaming Laptops are heavy, fragile, are obnoxiously loud and run extremely hot. The screen is too small to play on, you cannot tilt your keyboard since it's attached to the screen and the battery life is a pure joke, even to watch films or surf the internet. In short, they're very impractical and do not give you a satisfying gaming experience.

If a gaming laptop is the only option for your friend, I recommend this site in which he can chose the one that fits him best.

https://www.alternate.de/html/listings/1466581277874?lk=12945&page=3&sort=PRICE&order=ASC&hideFilter=false#listingResult

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

https://www.alternate.de/MSI/GE63VR-7RF-234-Raider-Notebook/html/product/1387658? 

This is just above the budget, but cooling is phenomenal, and performance is a step above the norm. I shopped for a while before settling on the 17" model of this with 32 gb ram and 1 tb ssd. Answering on it now. 

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!

I have a Dell 5000 gaming with a 1050 and my cousin has the 7000 gaming with the 1050ti and a better screen. They're both great choices. Solid build quality and all the features/io you need, but missing some stuff you might want such as thunderbolt and type c. Even though sometimes I wish I had splurged and got the 7000, I have no regrets; the 5000 is an excellent laptop. At your budget you have a lot more options. You could definitely find something with a 1060 for under 1600. 

Edit: Oh your in euros? Even better.

8 hours ago, HappyDog_420 said:

Gaming Laptops are heavy, fragile, are obnoxiously loud and run extremely hot. The screen is too small to play on, you cannot tilt your keyboard since it's attached to the screen and the battery life is a pure joke, even to watch films or surf the internet. In short, they're very impractical and do not give you a satisfying gaming experience.

I disagree with a couple of things you said.  Some gaming laptops are fragile and others aren't; the current gen Alienware laptops are built like M2 Bradleys.  Also, more and more gaming laptops are getting very long battery life, especially when surfing the web.  I get about 6-7 hours watching Netflix on my Alienware 15 R3 and around 8 hours surfing the web.

11 hours ago, HappyDog_420 said:

Gaming Laptops are heavy, fragile, are obnoxiously loud and run extremely hot

Doesn't apply to all gaming laptops, please don't provide misconceptions

11 hours ago, pxnguinPr3 said:

Poor internal quality, poor QC, poor customer service, avoid

11 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Alienware 13/15

Dell Inspiron 7000 Gaming

MSI GS/GP/GT

ASUS ROG

^^this, personally I'll avoid MSI GP and Asus ROG, also consider Alienware 17, MSI GE Raider and Clevo laptops like P650, P950

11 hours ago, reptileexperts said:

cooling is phenomenal,

Not quite, cooling is just OKish due to fairly thin chassis (still good for a fairly thin gaming laptop)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128