Windows 10 1709 update using 12gb of unaccounted space.

Hey guys I just got the recent feature update force installed in my system and besides some driver issues I noticed that 12gb of space was unaccounted for after installation. I tried calling Microsoft support about it but they couldn't give me anything besides the update was only 5-6gb and that it MUST be bloatware even though I haven't installed anything. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Because I've tried using storage tools to find it will no success and now I'm beginning to consider reinstalling Windows.

Come to think about it, when I did the update a couple of days ago I also ended up with about 12 or 13 gigs of unallocated space.  Could not figure out what it was or anything so what I did was use the free copy of Partition Assistant and I created a partition and formatted it with NTFS format.  Now it just sits there collecting dust because I don't use it for anything.

Come to think about it, it could have been megs, not gigs.  Ah, what the heck.  It's late here in California.

Ah I see, well thanks for the reply man. I'm just hoping someone else on here has something similar so we could work together to fix it.

25 minutes ago, Thatguywiththetoasterpc said:

snip

Well, after a version update, Windows keeps the files of the previously installed version in a folder called Windows.old in your installation partition. This is because in case something goes wrong after update, you can revert to the previous version. You can revert till a max of 30 days after the update, so I think that must be it. Check the OS partition for this folder.

they dump an exact image of the previous build for 30 days to the Windows.old folder. Run cleanmgr.exe, select the option to clean system files and check to clean previous windows installations.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

12 minutes ago, abhinavsaprey said:

Well, after a version update, Windows keeps the files of the previously installed version in a folder called Windows.old in your installation partition. This is because in case something goes wrong after update, you can revert to the previous version. You can revert till a max of 30 days after the update, so I think that must be it. Check the OS partition for this folder.

I see, well after the update I reverted back and tried deleting the update to see if that brought back the space but it's still 12gb short but I'm assuming that's because it's still on my pc waiting to reinstall.