Gaming has gone to shambles, hollow, lacking character and depth.

Subtle Corruption

Stop comparing to consoles, it's neither good for your self or others to keep tacking on that you have better this or that over consoles, gamers in general are just immature ass hats.

Whilst this may seem off from the title, it ties in. The internet is now a place where people communicate in whatever way they want to. You feed not only your own ego when you compare egotistically, but also feed into the resent of not only fans of games who chose a different platform, but also grate on the devs of games because the self entitled immature person inside of you is spitting their dummy out when a game dev cuts down graphics, adds something etc because you will moan that you can't run it or that it's not taxing your hardware enough, HIGHLY SELFISH.

The best time in gaming was the PS1 - PS2 era simply because PC gaming was actually on par to worse actually. PS1 era especially the PS1 was better at gaming except in small cases like say Tomb Raider with VooDoo, Playstation, N64, those classics were gaming power houses, and consoles still are.

But now today we have consoles coming into what PC's are, watered down PC's, requiring internet for any game instead of pushing your disc in and playing it. The separation of console hardware performance, PS4 Pro, XBOX One X, this feeds resentment and unwanted jealousy etc into even the own console market.

Ok we can argue that that part has nothing to do with PC gaming, but let's be real, it's the PC crowd that has pushed this toxicity into the console end of gaming, people now care about pixels, frame rate and who has better hardware specs than actual games.

I am an idiot who was like this for a while also and i got fed up of myself and well things change.

I want to throw in this video here.

Rememeber Crysis? that game that now graphically looks irrelevant, and gameplay that's as interesting as the chicken on the video above.

Over hyped, all PC gamers cared about was how great it looked, and because they fed so much into it, made a mediocre game look like a crowned jewel whilst consoles had awesome games that got dismissed and it was just 1 big backl and forth. It's no joke, the 360 / PS3 era was a real toxic time for gaming altogether for anyone who uses the internet to communicate and be involved with their hobby. Anyone mentioning PC and console in a thread, massive flame wars.. just idiot's with emotional and ego problems. You think the devs were not aware of the fights? the selfish ego boasting of the PC community? Games today work from it, they even feed on it by making you pay for half a game than add the rest as DLC.

I emulate my console games i used to love when i was younger. I went to PC because controls were amazing, Black Hawk Down was not a great looking game yet it was the one to get me into PC gaming.

Later i got really interested in hardware and more the engineering side than stupidity with graphics, though being honest it's more fun to tweak hardware that's slow than to outright run a game flat out with ease, that's just me though.

Edited by wkdpaul
cleaned up

Guarna: R5 1600, Asrock Taichi, AMD Fury Nitro (Heating space since '15), 16 GB Samsung DDR4 2666 (3000mhz OC) Green PCB ugly stuff.

17 minutes ago, Subtle Corruption said:

*snip*

*insert comment about how the PC Master Race trumps all*

for real tho, consoles are good if you just want to play and not care about graphics, but PC is for wanting to get those crispy 60 FPS at high res

20 minutes ago, NovaMan01 said:

*insert comment about how the PC Master Race trumps all*

for real tho, consoles are good if you just want to play and not care about graphics, but PC is for wanting to get those crispy 60 FPS at high res

And if you WANT the keyboard and mouse support with controller fexibility.

For real though, Xbox OneX makes PC look dumb. 4K for 500 USD? That's insane value for money

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

14 minutes ago, AmbarChakrabarti said:

And if you WANT the keyboard and mouse support with controller fexibility.

For real though, Xbox OneX makes PC look dumb. 4K for 500 USD? That's insane value for money

itll probably be 4k 30 most of the time, Forza will be able to hit 60 but thats because of so much optimization. the consoles finally caught up to 1080p60, so thats nice. But if you want 4k60 consistently across all games, youre gonna be droppin big bucks on big parts

Just now, NovaMan01 said:

itll probably be 4k 30 most of the time, Forza will be able to hit 60 but thats because of so much optimization. the consoles finally caught up to 1080p60, so thats nice. But if you want 4k60 consistently across all games, youre gonna be droppin big bucks on big parts

You are seemingly a bit behind the point, it's not any of that that even matters, your mind is focused on this, but gaming was a better place when it was focused on actual games.

Guarna: R5 1600, Asrock Taichi, AMD Fury Nitro (Heating space since '15), 16 GB Samsung DDR4 2666 (3000mhz OC) Green PCB ugly stuff.

The problem of games not being focused on games anymore isn't because people care about the empirical experience they are having (creating the fps bragging etc) its that the formula for a game has been more or less figured out. Game devs have nailed down what makes people feel good while playing a game and so they rehash that formula over and over again, just take a look at the Assassin Creed series just to name one, they run out of 'game' to innovate on and then they go for the technology and make it look prettier (although having a game look better isn't really a problem). I don't care what people play their games on but PC is definitely the better option. The reason a great, innovative, unique, and deeply enjoyable game seldom comes along nowadays isn't because of the tech that runs it, and my proxy the culture surrounding that tech, but in fact its because of the direction game design has taken overall.

To OP,

wut?!

i think you’re saying “all new games suck because they have good graphics, and up think there’s no game to the games.” 

Have you heard of indie games? Just because EA gives you nonsense doesn’t mean Ubisoft’s Rainbow Six is bad.

Rainbow six has good graphics and is fun. 

Rogue like indie games purposely have horrid graphics and focus on gameplay. 

The witcher 3, and Metro series have characters, graphics and gameplay. 

I think you need to expand your bounds beyond the mainstream big budget companies. 

A visual novel came out recently called doki doki literature club that focuses completely on characters. 

I haven’t bought a “AAA” game since halo 5, and Fallout 4. I hated both of them, and I don’t plan on buying one again. I got doom 2016 on sale and also disliked it. Just simply don’t buy those games, and look for games you will like. There’s tons of YouTube channels dedicated to top 10s and I’m sure you can find plenty of indie games. 

Videogamedunkey talks about some nice games in “the good year” & “the sad year” as well as a few other videos. 

12 minutes ago, fpo said:

To OP,

wut?!

i think you’re saying “all new games suck because they have good graphics, and up think there’s no game to the games.” 

Have you heard of indie games? Just because EA gives you nonsense doesn’t mean Ubisoft’s Rainbow Six is bad.

Rainbow six has good graphics and is fun. 

Rogue like indie games purposely have horrid graphics and focus on gameplay. 

The witcher 3, and Metro series have characters, graphics and gameplay. 

I think you need to expand your bounds beyond the mainstream big budget companies. 

A visual novel came out recently called doki doki literature club that focuses completely on characters. 

I haven’t bought a “AAA” game since halo 5, and Fallout 4. I hated both of them, and I don’t plan on buying one again. I got doom 2016 on sale and also disliked it. Just simply don’t buy those games, and look for games you will like. There’s tons of YouTube channels dedicated to top 10s and I’m sure you can find plenty of indie games. 

Videogamedunkey talks about some nice games in “the good year” & “the sad year” as well as a few other videos. 

I agree, I think I missed OP's point. There are amazing games out there, and even some games that you can criticize still offer lots of enterteinment. Some games are (almost) flawless IMO, but they are not always easy to find and they can be different of what you usually play. I do agree tough that many gamers now care about stupid shit like the OP said, and lots of times it is just placebo effect.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

1 minute ago, Taja said:

I agree, I think I missed OP's point. There are amazing games out there, and even some games that you can criticize still offer lots of enterteinment. Some games are (almost) flawless IMO, but they are not always easy to find and they can be different of what you usually play. I do agree tough that many gamers now care about stupid shit like the OP said, and lots of times it is just placebo effect.

I think it’s a conception, not an actual appreciation. 

Though I’m certain we can all aggree, a game with beautiful graphics that’s well optimized (like Doom 2016, and shadow of Mordor) are nice things to have and are cool for showing off to your friends (as one may admire a painting, or good cgi in a movie like James Cameron’s avatar) 

at some point we’re going to want a bit more game in the game.

(Depending. Games like Abzu, and the one with the leaf are about the graphics.) 

1 minute ago, fpo said:

I think it’s a conception, not an actual appreciation. 

Though I’m certain we can all aggree, a game with beautiful graphics that’s well optimized (like Doom 2016, and shadow of Mordor) are nice things to have and are cool for showing off to your friends (as one may admire a painting, or good cgi in a movie like James Cameron’s avatar) 

at some point we’re going to want a bit more game in the game.

(Depending. Games like Abzu, and the one with the leaf are about the graphics.) 

Yes, I agree. These examples actually are interesting for me, because I played shadow of mordor and it was nice, but so repetitive that I found it to be a weak game, its like a cake you think will taste amazing but its average.

As for doom, I dont see the appeal, excluding nostalgia, looks and high frames.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

1 minute ago, Taja said:

Yes, I agree. These examples actually are interesting for me, because I played shadow of mordor and it was nice, but so repetitive that I found it to be a weak game, its like a cake you think will taste amazing but its average.

As for doom, I dont see the appeal, excluding nostalgia, looks and high frames.

I meant those as good graphic games that are well optimized, however I guess they were good examples for a few things. 

Another thing OP should check out are mods. Tons of old games and new games have mod support so there’s virtually endless content. You’d have to play games like fallout new Vegas and Skyrim 24/7 for the rest of your life to play all the mods available. Not to forget all the mods for oblivion, and many other franchises that may be considered better or worse depending on your taste in games. 

Pc gaming kinda sucks for the same reason modern movies kinda suck, despite advances in special effects. All style and no substance. Just empty superficial hype that tries to be all cinematic. Some of them try to seem deep on the surface, but are empty hollow shells. 

The Assasins creed games are the perfect example of everything wrong with games today and how this dumbed down hype heavy  console mentality has infected pc gaming. I cant stand them. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2017 at 2:22 PM, Subtle Corruption said:

Stop comparing to consoles, it's neither good for your self or others to keep tacking on that you have better this or that over consoles, gamers in general are just immature ass hats.

Whilst this may seem off from the title, it ties in. The internet is now a place where people communicate in whatever way they want to. You feed not only your own ego when you compare egotistically, but also feed into the resent of not only fans of games who chose a different platform, but also grate on the devs of games because the self entitled immature person inside of you is spitting their dummy out when a game dev cuts down graphics, adds something etc because you will moan that you can't run it or that it's not taxing your hardware enough, HIGHLY SELFISH.

The best time in gaming was the PS1 - PS2 era simply because PC gaming was actually on par to worse actually. PS1 era especially the PS1 was better at gaming except in small cases like say Tomb Raider with VooDoo, Playstation, N64, those classics were gaming power houses, and consoles still are.

But now today we have consoles coming into what PC's are, watered down PC's, requiring internet for any game instead of pushing your disc in and playing it. The separation of console hardware performance, PS4 Pro, XBOX One X, this feeds resentment and unwanted jealousy etc into even the own console market.

Ok we can argue that that part has nothing to do with PC gaming, but let's be real, it's the PC crowd that has pushed this toxicity into the console end of gaming, people now care about pixels, frame rate and who has better hardware specs than actual games.

I am an idiot who was like this for a while also and i got fed up of myself and well things change.

I want to throw in this video here.

Rememeber Crysis? that game that now graphically looks irrelevant, and gameplay that's as interesting as the chicken on the video above.

Over hyped, all PC gamers cared about was how great it looked, and because they fed so much into it, made a mediocre game look like a crowned jewel whilst consoles had awesome games that got dismissed and it was just 1 big backl and forth. It's no joke, the 360 / PS3 era was a real toxic time for gaming altogether for anyone who uses the internet to communicate and be involved with their hobby. Anyone mentioning PC and console in a thread, massive flame wars.. just idiot's with emotional and ego problems. You think the devs were not aware of the fights? the selfish ego boasting of the PC community? Games today work from it, they even feed on it by making you pay for half a game than add the rest as DLC.

I emulate my console games i used to love when i was younger. I went to PC because controls were amazing, Black Hawk Down was not a great looking game yet it was the one to get me into PC gaming.

Later i got really interested in hardware and more the engineering side than stupidity with graphics, though being honest it's more fun to tweak hardware that's slow than to outright run a game flat out with ease, that's just me though.

My man they just don't make games like they used to period, no matter what platform. PS2 had the SOCOM series (there version of counter strike) Xbox had the some awesome games too. PC games were thriving like hell.

I'm a former console gamer and finally moved from ps4 after 20 years of console gaming. Since moving from console my eyes have been opened to the cancerous shit Devs are shoving down their throats. I have a friend who is a console gamer and argues that people don't want loot boxes as you don't get anything good in them. Inclining that they're not pay to win enough.

Some of my other console friends just spam cod and FIFA every year and drop £££ on those two core games. Fuelling the two main cancerous companies in the gaming industry, EA and Activision.

You have console users bitching to pc users "it's not about the graphics, it's about the gameplay" and yet lost their shit when the pro and one x release..... Funny that. Consoles do nothing but hold the industry back. They force exclusives which again, another cancerous business practice. "Hey, you just got this console but wanna also pay this game? Fuck you, we paid for exclusivity. Now go buy our console too"

Are pc users innocent? Fuck no, they are the smarter consumer though clearly. I'm pretty convinced that the whole battlefront 2 anger was most probably voiced by mainly pc users, as console users are happy to fork over money for that shit. 

The only good thing up come from console that I'm hopeful for is the one x, as I'm hoping it will lead to more optimized console ports for pc.

Think about this, every time a next gen console is released, you get the Devs of games saying things like "oh now we have more power we can create bigger and denser world's" you hear things like that and it's instant  verification that consoles are holding game development back.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000