[FPC] Changing download names to title instead of res

ItsMitch

It'll be nice to see the downloads to Floatplane Club renamed to the actual title instead of the resolution you're using, for instance, if I want to download a lot of videos in one go, I'll have to go back and manually edit all the titles in my download folder to the titles which are really a big inconvenience. 

This is nice in theory, but how do you expect them to keep them stored and organized on a server without having nested folders?

Daily Driver:

CPU - Dual X5670 | GPU - GTX 750 Ti | CASE - HP DL380 G7 | RAM - 128GB Samsung 1366 DDR3 ECC | STORAGE - 8 x 146GB 15K RPM HDD

Work Horse:

CPU - Quad E7-4870 | GPU - Quad Tesla M2090 | CASE - HPDL580 G7 | RAM - 128GB Samsung 1366 DDR3 ECC | STORAGE - 2 x 256GB Samsung 950 EVO SSD

I totally get this. I often travel home where the internet is such that the only way I can watch any LMG stuff is to bulk transfer at night or copy a bundle before I leave. Having a folder of 480 480(1) 480(2) and so on is really painful.

Assuming a php script that would offer the file up with something reminiscent of the page from which it was clicked on is out of the question, just a sequence number or date in there would be super welcome. That is, unless the real FPC launch isnt right around the corner with all this fixed... In that case I can wait a little while for this nuisance to go away :)

12 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

It'll be nice to see the downloads to Floatplane Club renamed to the actual title instead of the resolution you're using, for instance, if I want to download a lot of videos in one go, I'll have to go back and manually edit all the titles in my download folder to the titles which are really a big inconvenience. 

Theoretically they could do both. something like: "Videoname-1080p.mp4"

or "1080p-Videoname.mp4"

"If you gon be bout it, be bout it bout it" ~ Gavin 'itsjusta6' Simon

I play games - Look at my profile for specs

I love memes. I make bad memes, but I like dank memes, who doesn't?

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

I assume you are downloading using the native downloader instead of the non native one. I asked this a bit ago and this was the response

On 6/23/2017 at 11:19 AM, colonel_mortis said:

It's not possible, that's why the non-native downloader exists. You can still download things using the non-native downloader on mobile, you just have to leave the tab open as far as I know.

1 hour ago, SCGazelle said:

I assume you are downloading using the native downloader instead of the non native one. I asked this a bit ago and this was the response

^

You have to use the custom downloader rather than the native downloader, then it names the videos sensibly. The native downloader is just a fallback, and isn't enabled by default.

HTTP/2 203