Good RGB Radiator Fans

Hey guys, 

I'm looking for some good RGB fans to throw on an AIO radiator. I'm going with either Kraken x52/62 depending on what size fan is available. I was looking at the LL series but I've seen a mixed bag of reviews with them. I was also looking at the Lian Li Bora fans; however, the fact that they cannot be controlled through software turns me away from them significantly. Are there any that stand out? I would like to OC an 8700k to roughly 4.7-4.9 if possible, but am willing to sacrifice a little bit for quiet operation.

Thanks!

IMO the corsair maglev fans with the RGB in the hub looks better than other types of RGB fans.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

IMO the corsair maglev fans with the RGB in the hub looks better than other types of RGB fans.

Do you know how they perform by any chance?

If you're going with the Kraken, the NZXT fans would make the most sense so you're in the same ecosystem and only need one program.

Scratch that. Seems they aren't the best for Rads.

1 minute ago, jaysangwan32 said:

Not as quiet as non-RGB fans from noctua or bequiet or noiseblocker.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Legendarypoet said:

If you're going with the Kraken, the NZXT fans would make the most sense so you're in the same ecosystem and only need one program.

I looked at the AER fans but I don't mind using multiple programs, as long as it isn't a hardware solution like a remote (Lian Li...). I haven't seen many good things in the way of their performance in a radiator (plus the border looks strange to me)

Just now, jaysangwan32 said:

I looked at the AER fans but I don't mind using multiple programs, as long as it isn't a hardware solution like a remote (Lian Li...). I haven't seen many good things in the way of their performance in a radiator (plus the border looks strange to me)

Yeah. I don't like the look. I use Corsair RGB fans on my rads. Look great and perform well, just know they aren't the best either. I've got a 360 rad, so I don't need to push them hard.

28 minutes ago, Enderman said:

When fid corsair release an rgb ML?

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

3 minutes ago, Damascus said:

When fid corsair release an rgb ML?

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/cooling/ml-series-fans

Spoiler

On 11/28/2017 at 10:24 PM, Legendarypoet said:

Yeah. I don't like the look. I use Corsair RGB fans on my rads. Look great and perform well, just know they aren't the best either. I've got a 360 rad, so I don't need to push them hard.

Sorry for late response. Do you think those fans would be adequate in a 240?

6 minutes ago, jaysangwan32 said:

Sorry for late response. Do you think those fans would be adequate in a 240?

Yup. 

On 11/28/2017 at 10:18 PM, jaysangwan32 said:

The Non-RGB version - They perform extremely well, They out perform Noctua and BeQuiet. Since they push allot more CFM. They're deadly silent, Even at around 1300 rpm's.

The RGB versions are different, the only reach about 1200rpm's(140), there performance are going be less compared to normal ML Pro's and other fans that have higher rpm's.

on side note if your look at BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 PWM version. The PWM version does not get along with some Fan controllers on the market.

On 11/28/2017 at 10:20 PM, Enderman said:

Not as quiet as non-RGB fans from noctua or bequiet or noiseblocker.

They are actually quieter then Noctua (they don't give off that annoying humming sound).

Performance: It's a given since RGB version are the not the same as the Standard LED or Non-LED ML Pro's. There max RPM's are much lower.

Noiseblocker are much thicker fans(There going to be a performance difference).Noiseblocker blade design do not work well in pull. They also use magnetic bearing technology.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

Just now, Revan654 said:

They are actually quieter then Noctua (they don't give off that annoying humming sound).

Performance: It's a given since RGB version are the not the same as the Standard LED or Non-LED ML Pro's. There max RPM's are much lower.

Noiseblocker are much thicker fans(There going to be a performance difference).Noiseblocker blade design do not work well in pull. They also use magnetic bearing technology.

1) No, absolutely not, unless you compare them to the loud iPPC fans.

2) Lower rpm = lower performance, but if he wants RGB then they're alright.

3) they are 25mm fans just like literally every other standard computer fan on the market, unless you are talking about the 140mm eloops which are the exception.

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Enderman said:

1) No, absolutely not, unless you compare them to the loud iPPC fans.

2) Lower rpm = lower performance, but if he wants RGB then they're alright.

3) they are 25mm fans just like literally every other standard computer fan on the market, unless you are talking about the 140mm eloops which are the exception.

1. Yes they are, I have tested both. Noctua has humming noise, which is very annoying.

2. duh. There some except to this.

3. 140 was being used.

On 11/28/2017 at 10:15 PM, jaysangwan32 said:

Hey guys, 

I'm looking for some good RGB fans to throw on an AIO radiator. I'm going with either Kraken x52/62 depending on what size fan is available. I was looking at the LL series but I've seen a mixed bag of reviews with them. I was also looking at the Lian Li Bora fans; however, the fact that they cannot be controlled through software turns me away from them significantly. Are there any that stand out? I would like to OC an 8700k to roughly 4.7-4.9 if possible, but am willing to sacrifice a little bit for quiet operation.

Thanks!

You want want to look at EK's new MLC series. Which is a modular AIO system and there copper base radiators.

If you use your motherboard fan headers, you use software like Asus Fan expert to control the fans on the AIO. Most of the AIO software like CAM and Corsair is garbage.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

I would recommend using Phanteks Halos instead. You can mount them on ANY fan.

Delid 8600K @ 5GHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB | Gigabyte GTX 1080 Gaming G1 | Phantex Enthoo Pro M SE | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Crucial MX100 256GB | 3TB Toshiba P300 | Corsair AX750 Custom Sleeved | Dell U2515H | Custom Hardline Tubing: EK Supremacy + 240 Coolstream PE + DDC 3.1 Pump Res Combo/Extended Res/Meyhems Pastel White | Corsair K95 Platinum | Corsair M65 RGB | Bose Speakers + Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro + AKG K240 MkII + Shure 840 | W10 Pro | https://pcpartpicker.com/user/socom_hero/saved/#view=NF74CJ