Whats wrong with my Internet connection?!

FreshKD21

In the past days i had to unplug my wifi extender and plug it back in for it to work again, today the moment i started my pc, the connection went from normal (i watched videos on my phone before) to extremely bad (60kb/s), and im not even able to lock into steam, connecting to my router via wifi works perfectly fine but my wifi extender makes me alot of problems, it often shows me 'connected but not internet' please help!

Just now, sambarr said:

Did you also reboot the router?

i unplugged everything connected to the router, rebooted everything multiple times and changed ethernet cables, nothing helped

3 minutes ago, FreshKD21 said:

i unplugged everything connected to the router, rebooted everything multiple times and changed ethernet cables, nothing helped

Haven't been very successful with extenders in the past. You could always consider powerline adapters. https://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/262-2071504-9587054?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=powerline

Otherwise, try and redo the configuration on the extender (reset button or pinhole). It will go back to factory settings, then you'll have to follow the instructions and do its setup again.

2 minutes ago, sambarr said:

Haven't been very successful with extenders in the past. You could always consider powerline adapters. https://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/262-2071504-9587054?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=powerline

Otherwise, try and redo the configuration on the extender (reset button or pinhole).

i have one of those, i may have called it wrong, i meant powerlineadapters

i have one of those, i may have called it wrong, i meant powerlineadapters

If you're using wifi, then you are using a wireless extender (or repeater), to get more range on your wifi signal

If you're using cables, then you need a pair (2) of powerline adapters. I didn't mean to be confusing.

Powerline adapters send a signal through the electricity in your house.

Just now, sambarr said:

If you're using wifi, then you are using a wireless extender (or repeater), to get more range on your wifi signal

If you're using cables, then you need a pair (2) of powerline adapters. I didn't mean to be confusing.

yeah im sure that i have a powerline adapter, i may thought that its a extender due to it kind of 'extending' my lan cable^^

yeah im sure that i have a powerline adapter, i may thought that its a extender due to it kind of 'extending' my lan cable^^

Okay so if you are using a powerline adapter, you are supposed to have 2 of them. One plugged into the router, the other one plugged into your pc.

See if there's a reset pinhole on them, or sometimes by holding whatever button is on them for a long period of time would reset them. Do you have a brand/model number? I could look up for a manual.

Also, those things don't like power strips (like this:https://www.amazon.de/Brennenstuhl-Eco-Line-Steckdosenleiste-8-fach-Schalter-Schwarz/dp/B000MQ7E38/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1511891798&sr=8-4&keywords=power+strip)

You'll want to be plugged in directly into the wall to avoid any sort of filtering.

4 minutes ago, sambarr said:

Okay so if you are using a powerline adapter, you are supposed to have 2 of them. One plugged into the router, the other one plugged into your pc.

See if there's a reset pinhole on them, or sometimes by holding whatever button is on them for a long period of time would reset them. Do you have a brand/model number? I could look up for a manual.

The reset button worked and its fine now, i already wrote to the company tho due to having alot of connection problems with my phone and they agreed to replace this unit with a new one, thanks alot for helping!