Nintendo 2ds xl not charging

I just got the thing and it boots up fine and everything. I dont have a single game so cant try that. I got it from amazon.com. The power brick just doesnt charge the console. The power charge indicator does not light up on the console. I use the Belkin 8 port power strip. Its not working on the actual wall sockets either. Do they make USB cables, charges for this console?

Yes they do but it might be a DOA console.

Sometimes the internal connection doesn't work.

What I'd advise :

If it doesn't charge since you got it, return it to amazon as quick as possible.

If it is within a week or two and they also find the issue when they get it back they'll either fix it or just straight up send you another one.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

1 hour ago, Sfekke said:

Yes they do but it might be a DOA console.

Sometimes the internal connection doesn't work.

What I'd advise :

If it doesn't charge since you got it, return it to amazon as quick as possible.

If it is within a week or two and they also find the issue when they get it back they'll either fix it or just straight up send you another one.

Its such BS. I waited 30 days for this thing. And Im an international customer, Nintendo is not even officially supported in India. I paid $64 for import fee deposit out of which I am supposed to get back $50+ back. And I will also have to bear return shipping.

17 minutes ago, G9XFTW said:

Its such BS. I waited 30 days for this thing. And Im an international customer, Nintendo is not even officially supported in India. I paid $64 for import fee deposit out of which I am supposed to get back $50+ back. And I will also have to bear return shipping.

Amazon is normally really good. I would contact them and see what they say before you get too pissed off. Explain all of that information that you have told us to their customer service and I bet you are surprised.

19 minutes ago, lieder1987 said:

Amazon is normally really good. I would contact them and see what they say before you get too pissed off. Explain all of that information that you have told us to their customer service and I bet you are surprised.

If they ask @G9XFTW for it to be tested with another charge, go to a store and ask to charge it in store.
Then you can prove that it doesn't work and Amazon might even just straight up send another one without any problem.

Do not get pissed off at costumer support, they'll refuse to help if you scream at them/are disrespectful/etc. Just be nice, especially if you do not know how they are going to approach the issue!

Hopefully this helped somewhat.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

2 hours ago, Sfekke said:

If they ask @G9XFTW for it to be tested with another charge, go to a store and ask to charge it in store.
Then you can prove that it doesn't work and Amazon might even just straight up send another one without any problem.

Do not get pissed off at costumer support, they'll refuse to help if you scream at them/are disrespectful/etc. Just be nice, especially if you do not know how they are going to approach the issue!

Hopefully this helped somewhat.

Obviously. I never get mad at people who can and will help me out. Lolz. I keep it to myself. But yeah, I will keep in mind what you said.

So heres the deal, I spend a minimum of $25 and ship it back immediately. Or I wait 4 days to get a usb charge cable which is just $4.

There are reports that the charger works only on a specific volt rating 110v @ 60hz.

Over here it is 230v @ 50hz/60hz in wall sockets, typically. Like a US model DS might not charge in EUROPE socket, some say.

So if I got to a store, the charger might mostly not work there either. And aslo the only store that has nintendo stuff is CEX, so I might have to pretend that I want to sell and then bail when my test is done. They wont touch anything or let you touch anything unless you are ready to pay or sell.

Like I said, India is not an officially supported region, so imagine, I feel helpless and thus the frustration.

3 hours ago, lieder1987 said:

Yeah they are great. My frustration is not with them, its just this one product. I have completely quit shopping in stores when Prime came.

1 minute ago, G9XFTW said:

Obviously. I never get mad at people who can and will help me out. Lolz. I keep it to myself. But yeah, I will keep in mind what you said.

So heres the deal, I spend a minimum of $25 and ship it back immediately. Or I wait 4 days to get a usb charge cable which is just $4.

There are reports that the charger works only on a specific volt rating 110v @ 60hz.

Over here it is 230v @ 50hz/60hz in wall sockets, typically. Like a US model DS might not charge in EUROPE socket, some say.

So if I got to a store, the charger might mostly not work there either. And aslo the only store that has nintendo stuff is CEX, so I might have to pretend that I want to sell and then bail when my test is done. They wont touch anything or let you touch anything unless you are ready to pay or sell.

Like I said, India is not an officially supported region, so imagine, I feel helpless and thus the frustration.

It could be the charger just being bad, you could try getting the $4 and for all I know it might fix the issue.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

One thing that really concerns me though is this time of year. December is one month where the postal system globally is under lots of workload, especially US. So many gifts flying in and out. Wew.

1 minute ago, Sfekke said:

It could be the charger just being bad, you could try getting the $4 and for all I know it might fix the issue.

Its a generic one, if it doesnt work, return that too. Then bye bye DS pokeball edition. It looks so fab. Damn.

Just now, G9XFTW said:

One thing that really concerns me though is this time of year. December is one month where the postal system globally is under lots of workload, especially US. So many gifts flying in and out. Wew.

True I noticed a difference myself already.
Bought some accessories for my phone in china, 2 months back. it took 1 week to arrive in Belgium. not bad.

Then now I bought my new phone, it took up to a month to get in Belgium (28 days to be exact) and now it is stuck at customs (They didn't include my invoice GG.)

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*