Cool quiet case recommendation

PeterD1001

I’m planning on building a gaming pc in the next week or two. 

It will be with either an i7 7700k or i7 8700k, 1080ti card (probably a Strix) and single 500 gig SSD. 

I’m looking for a case that isn’t huge, will remain fairly quiet and that has good airflow. 

I’d also like it to be quite plain looking, not too ‘gamer-ish’

I’m not at all interested in led lighting either. The CPU will be air cooled. 

Any ideas please guys.?

Also are the fans that come in the cases generally any good in terms of noise and airflow or is it worth swapping them out for something else?

6 minutes ago, seon123 said:

I'm assuming mid-towers? Define C/S/R5, Pure/Silent Base 600 or KL07

I agree with all of these, I'd also throw in the NZXT S340 or Corsair 400C

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

14 minutes ago, PeterD1001 said:

I’m planning on building a gaming pc in the next week or two. 

It will be with either an i7 7700k or i7 8700k, 1080ti card (probably a Strix) and single 500 gig SSD. 

I’m looking for a case that isn’t huge, will remain fairly quiet and that has good airflow. 

I’d also like it to be quite plain looking, not too ‘gamer-ish’

Carbide 600Q? It gets very high marks on airflow, silence and build-quality. It's not exactly cheap, but good things usually aren't.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Thanks for the quick replies!

The Corsair ones sound appealing as I can pick one up at my local Maplins. 

I’ll check out some reviews on them. 

Would I have any trouble fitting a large air cooler or 2-3 fan 1080ti in a mid tower like the Corsair 400c?

Just got a Corsair carbide 300r which isn't "gamer-ey" at all. Main reason I got it haha.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

If you like TG, you could get the Fractal Design Define C TG, a good balance of airflow and quiet noise reduction. It's also one of the smallest mid towers on the market. Though, most cases perform within a few DB of eachother (keep in mind a 3DB difference is twice the volume IIRC)

nzxt h700i noise

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

If you're okay with used a HAF X or a case from its family is awesome. It has really nice airflow if you fill up the fans, and they go for really nice prices used. I had an H440 that was super quiet too but the airflow left much to be desired

That's an F in the profile pic

6 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

If you like TG, you could get the Fractal Design Define C TG, a good balance of airflow and quiet noise reduction. It's also one of the smallest mid towers on the market. Though, most cases perform within a few DB of eachother (keep in mind a 3DB difference is twice the volume IIRC)

nzxt h700i noise

Thanks, quite a variation in levels there! 

Whats TG btw?

7 minutes ago, PeterD1001 said:

Thanks, quite a variation in levels there! 

Whats TG btw?

The abbreviation for Tempered Glass :) 

Note that these are strictly noise levels, and often the thermal levels are skewed the opposite direction (noise reduction =/= good airflow). Additionally, ambient dBa was 26, so anything in the mid thirties is considered pretty quiet, and unless otherwise noted all fans are 100% stock in terms of rpm, orientation and configuration.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

11 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The abbreviation for Tempered Glass :) 

Note that these are strictly noise levels, and often the thermal levels are skewed the opposite direction (noise reduction =/= good airflow). Additionally, ambient dBa was 26, so anything in the mid thirties is considered pretty quiet, and unless otherwise noted all fans are 100% stock in terms of rpm, orientation and configuration.

Ah! Got it, thanks :)