i need an adult

So i just installed windows to my new PC and windows kinda broke some how the colors are all weird and stuff. when i restart my PC the ROG logo is fin and all but when Windows is booted it gets all funky someone help please

image.jpg

Edited by Ryan_Vickers
merging double post

1 minute ago, omegabeatdown said:

So i just installed windows to my new PC and windows kinda broke some how the colors are all weird and stuff. when i restart my PC the ROG logo is fin and all but when Windows is booted it gets all funky someone help please

how much funky does it get? You could try setting the correct refresh-rate. i often encounter this issue with LG tv's but it could also happen with a monitor i guess. try setting it to 30hz or something and if that doesn't work, let windows update do it's stuff and then install your GPU drivers manually

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

1 minute ago, Daan101 said:

could it be that they are inverted?

Looks a bit more messed up than just inverted :P Not to mention the taskbar actually seems OK

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Thunderzzu said:

how much funky does it get? You could try setting the correct refresh-rate. i often encounter this issue with LG tv's but it could also happen with a monitor i guess. try setting it to 30hz or something and if that doesn't work, let windows update do it's stuff and then install your GPU drivers manually

ok will do ill give you an update when its done

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Looks a bit more messed up than just inverted :P Not to mention the taskbar actually seems OK

The task bar is also broken

Just now, omegabeatdown said:

The task bar is also broken

Could we maybe get a closer look?  That picture is incredibly low res

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Could it be that you activated some of the high contrast options in the Windows 10 settings window?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Minibois said:

Could it be that you activated some of the high contrast options in the Windows 10 settings window?

It doesn't cause that

Well, I think it was said already but first step would be to make sure you have all the proper video drivers installed.  The fact that it's not a problem with the monitor, the cable, or the GPU itself (seemingly proved by other screens outside Windows looking normal) means it has to be something software related like that

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well, I think it was said already but first step would be to make sure you have all the proper video drivers installed.  The fact that it's not a problem with the monitor or GPU itself (seemingly proved by other screens outside Windows looking normal) means it has to be something software related like that

yeah im updating Windows now and then ill install my Nvidia Drivers

Try a different video cable, and try taking out the GPU and using the iGPU, if you have one. Did you install video card drivers?

That's an F in the profile pic

Just now, Froody129 said:

Try a different video cable, and try taking out the GPU and using the iGPU, if you have one. Did you install video card drivers?

i did i first was using HDMI and then i switched to Displayport

Could it be that the VGA/DVI/HDMI cord you are using is bad or lose?  EDIT: NM you said the bios screen is fine

Check your bitrate settiings for your display driver as well. If they're lower than 32, it's likely a driver issue and you're running the display on default drivers.

Just now, Tiberiusisgame said:

Check your bitrate settiings for your display driver as well. If they're lower than 32, it's likely a driver issue and you're running the display on default drivers.

yeah im downloading Nvidia drivers now

Why has nobody questioned the title yet...

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

Just now, LtStaffel said:

HEY i maybe an adult but i need another one to help. im only 19 and im new at the adulting thing

On 11/27/2017 at 1:55 PM, LtStaffel said:

Ha! Given this forum's population, I assumed it was either a clever joke or the honest truth. Either way, the bored-monster in me had to look.

On 11/27/2017 at 1:56 PM, omegabeatdown said:

HEY i maybe an adult but i need another one to help. im only 19 and im new at the adulting thing

Oh, buddy... give yourself another decade before you dip your toes into the adult-end. It's not worth the hype.

12 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well, I think it was said already but first step would be to make sure you have all the proper video drivers installed.  The fact that it's not a problem with the monitor, the cable, or the GPU itself (seemingly proved by other screens outside Windows looking normal) means it has to be something software related like that

Update i installed the Nvidia drivers and updated windows and still now change even after a restart

3 minutes ago, omegabeatdown said:

I don't know what you thought I meant.

It's just weird that you titled the thread in a way that has nothing to do with your issue (also, there is a good chance a 14yo around here knows something about computers neither of us do and would be able to help).

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

I wonder what would happen if you install Linux or something ...

Do you have a graphics card?  is the monitor plugged into that?  Can you plug it into a different slot, or use onboard graphics?

2 hours ago, LtStaffel said:

I don't know what you thought I meant.

It's just weird that you titled the thread in a way that has nothing to do with your issue (also, there is a good chance a 14yo around here knows something about computers neither of us do and would be able to help).

sorry i wasn't trying to be aggressive i was trying to be sarcastic and all

1 hour ago, Donny_Chen said:

I wonder what would happen if you install Linux or something ...

Do you have a graphics card?  is the monitor plugged into that?  Can you plug it into a different slot, or use onboard graphics?

NV DTX 1080, i tried HDMI and Displayport, it doesnt have onboard graphics