2.5 HDDs in side panel of Bitfenix Prodigy?

TheMidnightNarwhal

Can I put some 2.5 HDDs in the side panel of the Bitfenix Prodigy?  Would do HDD damage or something like that?

Yes. It has mounting for 2.5"  drives.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Yes. It has mounting for 2.5"  drives.

Yeah I know that, but can it damage the drive since it's mounted vertical and not flat, or something like that.

Yeah I know that, but can it damage the drive since it's mounted vertical and not flat, or something like that.

HDDs can operate at any angle, as long as they are not moving too much.

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

HDDs can operate at any angle, as long as they are not moving too much.

Okay, what if I would be transporting the case? Also, is it bad that there wouldn't be any airflow on them, since it's on the side.

Okay, what if I would be transporting the case? Also, is it bad that there wouldn't be any airflow on them, since it's on the side.

HDDs will operate just fine. The HDD will automatically "Park" the heads once powered off so when transportation is an issue, it should be fine. Just securely mount the drive.

HDDs will operate just fine. The HDD will automatically "Park" the heads once powered off so when transportation is an issue, it should be fine. Just securely mount the drive.

Okay, and what about the heat?

Okay, and what about the heat?

Should be fine.

Damn im late, i know what your thinking of, i have a ssd and a raptor on my sidepanel and i have been at lans with friends with my pc, no problems so yeah its safe, no need to worry about the heat, raptors tend to get hot thats why they come pre attachet to the "ice pack" but yeah im not using it and everything is working fine, so whatever 2.5 drives your going to use it should be safe just dont juggle around with the pc while its powerd.

Damn im late, i know what your thinking of, i have a ssd and a raptor on my sidepanel and i have been at lans with friends with my pc, no problems so yeah its safe, no need to worry about the heat, raptors tend to get hot thats why they come pre attachet to the "ice pack" but yeah im not using it and everything is working fine, so whatever 2.5 drives your going to use it should be safe just dont juggle around with the pc while its powerd.

Okay, yeah wanted to put 2.5 drives in the side to save space and have spaces for cabling management and such.

Thanks for the input Cat! See? It's completely fine.