I just lost my laptop

IAmAndre

Hi,

I got home an hour ago and I just realized that I forgot in a cab a bag containing my laptop and my headphones. The laptop is running Windows 10. Is there any way to locate it or anything I can do? Also, I have no information on the cab itself so no way to track it.

No phone in the backpack?

Have you contacted the cab company to ask if they have any lost and found stuff ? (although some bum may have stolen it already..)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

did you turn Find my device on?

I have no idea what it is so if was turned on by default I guess it still is.

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

No phone in the backpack?

Have you contacted the cab company to ask if they have any lost and found stuff ? (although some bum may have stolen it already..)

My phone was in my pocket, and it's totally pointless to contact them as the driver will never turn it in.

Just now, IAmAndre said:

I have no idea what it is so if was turned on by default I guess it still is.

you can go to your microsoft account page, and check your devices list. there you can see if it's on.

She/Her

Just now, IAmAndre said:

and it's totally pointless to contact them as the driver will never turn it in.

how do you know that?

She/Her

3 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

how do you know that?

Because I know cab drivers in my country. Also it just happened so the driver has probably not even noticed the bag yet.

7 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

you can go to your microsoft account page, and check your devices list. there you can see if it's on.

I just read about this feature. Apparently it was enabled, but Microsoft now allows you to enable it remotely. However it's not connected to any WiFi network so nothing can be done for now.

I dont know what country you live in, but contact the cab company, if your laptop is of any worth to you wouldn't you ring the cab company and state you left a bag in the cab and want to get it back? I am sure you are not the only one who has left a bag in a cab. They should have a way to contact the driver. 

Just now, William Payne said:

I dont know what country you live in, but contact the cab company, if your laptop is of any worth to you wouldn't you ring the cab company and state you left a bag in the cab and want to get it back? I am sure you are not the only one who has left a bag in a cab. They should have a way to contact the driver. 

I'll give it a try but I'm not super optimistic.

1 minute ago, IAmAndre said:

I'll give it a try but I'm not super optimistic.

If you try you might get it back, if you dont try you wont get it back. If you try to track your laptop then you are really just hoping for luck with next to no guarantee.