WTF HAPPENED TO MY CORSAIR FLASH DRIVE?!!? IT WAS 125 GB AND NOW IT'S 32GB?!?!?

lovingGamer

So.. i had to turn my usd into bootable device did that.. everything fine installed my new OS and guess what happened?

My storage on that USB stick is no longer same.. how do i fix that?

Have you tried formatting it?

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

That's just the size of the partition. When you formatted it, it changed the partition size. You can probably expand it.

My main computer:

i7 6700k || GTX 1070 || Asus Z170 RGB || C.M. Hyper 212 EVO || 16GB RAM || 256GB NVMe SSD || 500GB SATA SSD || 12TB total HDD || Define R5 Blackout || 850W PSU

More Details Below :) 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k                             GPU:  EVGA GTX 1070 FTW                                  |  Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura
CPU Cooler: C.M. Hyper 212 EVO             RAM: 16GB Kingston Fury 4x4 DDR4 2400MHz         SSD:  Intel 256GB NVMe SSD & Plextor 500GB SATA SSD

Hard Drive:  WD 2TB Black, 2TB WD Blue, 8TB WD Red     Case:  Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition   PSU:  Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W

Additional Computer Parts: NZXT Hue for LEDs

Peripherals: Dell U2414H (x2) || Corsair Sabre RGB || Corsair K95 Platinum || Sennheiser 558's || Modmic

Pictures of setup:

Where did you buy this flash drive? 

There are many scams out there where people fake the storage of the USB to a higher amount to try to earn more profit. 

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

37 minutes ago, lovingGamer said:

So.. i had to turn my usd into bootable device did that.. everything fine installed my new OS and guess what happened?

My storage on that USB stick is no longer same.. how do i fix that?

Just repartition it back to its full capacity.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

On 11/25/2017 at 6:07 PM, thegreengamers said:

Have you tried formatting it?

Just tried that and since i made it as bootable device name changed to "ESD-USB"

On 11/25/2017 at 6:08 PM, njmyers3 said:

That's just the size of the partition. When you formatted it, it changed the partition size. You can probably expand it.

expand how ?

On 11/25/2017 at 6:09 PM, Jasun said:

Where did you buy this flash drive? 

There are many scams out there where people fake the storage of the USB to a higher amount to try to earn more profit. 

From Corsair... It's legit..

On 11/25/2017 at 6:43 PM, NumLock21 said:

Just repartition it back to its full capacity.

how ?

31 minutes ago, lovingGamer said:

expand how ?

In windows you can use disk management, just right click the partition and click "expand". On Linux, you can use gparted but I'm not confident enough in giving the steps for it.

My main computer:

i7 6700k || GTX 1070 || Asus Z170 RGB || C.M. Hyper 212 EVO || 16GB RAM || 256GB NVMe SSD || 500GB SATA SSD || 12TB total HDD || Define R5 Blackout || 850W PSU

More Details Below :) 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k                             GPU:  EVGA GTX 1070 FTW                                  |  Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura
CPU Cooler: C.M. Hyper 212 EVO             RAM: 16GB Kingston Fury 4x4 DDR4 2400MHz         SSD:  Intel 256GB NVMe SSD & Plextor 500GB SATA SSD

Hard Drive:  WD 2TB Black, 2TB WD Blue, 8TB WD Red     Case:  Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition   PSU:  Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W

Additional Computer Parts: NZXT Hue for LEDs

Peripherals: Dell U2414H (x2) || Corsair Sabre RGB || Corsair K95 Platinum || Sennheiser 558's || Modmic

Pictures of setup:

1 hour ago, njmyers3 said:

In windows you can use disk management, just right click the partition and click "expand". On Linux, you can use gparted but I'm not confident enough in giving the steps for it.

1 hour ago, lovingGamer said:

expand how ?

If you're done with the Windows installation, delete the partition that the installer is on and expand the existing one. It should be the same for both Disk Management and Gparted, just do some clicking around; you won't break anything unless you're stupid.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

18 hours ago, njmyers3 said:

I don't know how to do that...

18 hours ago, njmyers3 said:

Now i did something.. and my PC can't reconize Corsair USB flash drive...

51 minutes ago, lovingGamer said:

Now i did something.. and my PC can't reconize Corsair USB flash drive...

I'm guessing that flash drive just hates life. I would bug corsair to RMA it.

Yeah, if you had bought it from ebay or some sketch third party from amazon, they do sell fake flash drives / SD cards and use a trick to make the drive look "larger". I thought it was one of those until you mentioned you bought it from a legit place.