Secondary Router/Modem in another Room

Hey Guys,

I want to hook my PC up with an Ethernet connection. My problem is, that our router is in another room, and running an Ethernet cable from there to my PC would be to complicated. Can I connect another router/ modem or whatsoever to the coaxial walloutlet in the room with my pc and run is so to speak in parallel to the router? I can't move the router, because there are other things connected to via ethernet.

So in short: What can I connect to a coaxial/cable walloutlet to run an ethernet cable to a end-device? What sollutions are viable?

Sincerely 5chmidti

You can do MOCA adapters to get internet into your room over the coax cable and then pipe it into a 5 port switch pretty easily.

Powerline is another option depending on the age of the home and whatnot.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Yes we have cable internet.

Our Router is connected to the output on 

Spoiler

20171125_164912_2.thumb.jpg.8b6fd6df7c09319ea2f86e547eabb960.jpg

And I have this connections in the otehr room (those ports would have to be cleaned): 

Spoiler

20171125_165006.thumb.jpg.5796adcc4d5afc7161832e41644ddd4d.jpg

If I remeber correectly the poeple, who rented this flat berfore had put their internet acces in this room (pic2), where I want to have an ethernet conenction.

If I'm thinking something wrong please let me know

ethernet Rj45 to coax converters exist

VUI-VHWHW.jpg

but i am not sure if plugging the coax end into the TV or R socket would interfere with whatever signals are already going through the wires in the wall (internet, TV, Radio)

Spoiler
1 minute ago, KenjiUmino said:

ethernet Rj45 to coax converters exist

VUI-VHWHW.jpg

but i am not sure if plugging the coax end into the TV or R socket would interfere with whatever signals are already going through the wires in the wall (internet, TV, Radio)

Hm... I know for sure we have tv and internet running through those cables. But the plan is to cancel the tv subscription on favor for more internet speed.

I'll take a look at converters and test it out, if they are not too pricey.

How will I have to connect this? Just add this to the outlet near the pc and its up and running? Or do I have to feed the line I'm connecting it to with an Ethernet connection coming from the router?

6 minutes ago, 5chmidti said:

How will I have to connect this? Just add this to the outlet near the pc and its up and running? Or do I have to feed the line I'm connecting it to with an Ethernet connection coming from the router?

Answered it myself, searched a bit

3 hours ago, 5chmidti said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hm... I know for sure we have tv and internet running through those cables. But the plan is to cancel the tv subscription on favor for more internet speed.

I'll take a look at converters and test it out, if they are not too pricey.

Use Moca. Moca uses the frequencies above what the cable company uses. It will play well with both internet and cable TV services. The only catch is, Moca 2.0 adapters are like $160 a pair. Speeds are any where from 400 Mbps to 800 Mbps depending on the adapters. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.