Choppy 60 fps video on second monitor, whilst main monitor is at 144Hz

marshmello_O

I am rocking a triple "screen" setup if I can say that. I have the LG 34UC79G 144Hz Ultrawide and another LG ultrawide that is 60Hz, but also I have an LG 1080p TV also running at 60Hz. Only my main monitor (the 144Hz one) is plugged into my GTX 1070. The other 2 screens are plugged into my integrated graphics card which "comes" with the i7-7700. The problem is that whenever I try to watch some 60 fps video on any of the 2 secondary monitors, the video just becomes choppy and skips some frames. I have found a temporary solution to this problem which is to "scale" down my main monitor to 60Hz. Then, everything is smooth as butter and no choppiness is observable. I am simply tired of always switching back and forth between 144and 60Hz, because maybe its just me, but my Shadowplay has been acting up recently. Whenever I do that thing where I switch between 60 and 144 or the other way around, even if GeForce Experience says it's on, no logo or "Alt+z" combo do anything. I then have to either restart my computer, or turn off game capture and turn back on again, which works 1 out of 3 times.

I would like a permanent solution to my problem (#firtworldproblems) where I can keep my main monitor at 144Hz and still watch 60fps content on the other 2.

Anyone find an answer?

Thanks for reading me and/or answering me :)

Im not sure what you mean by "plugging into integrated graphics", do you mean into the mobo HMDI port, bc if so im pretty sure it just uses the dedicated graphics card. 

Just now, HZapperz said:

Im not sure what you mean by "plugging into integrated graphics", do you mean into the mobo HMDI port, bc if so im pretty sure it just uses the dedicated graphics card. 

Yes, I mean that my TV and my second ultrawide are plugged into the back of the motherboard, therefore using the integrated graphics.

2 minutes ago, marshmello_O said:

Yes, I mean that my TV and my second ultrawide are plugged into the back of the motherboard, therefore using the integrated graphics.

Im not 100% sure but I think even if you plug it into the mobo, it still uses the graphics card, and I think that's the reason why you experience choppy video on your 1080p monitors

12 minutes ago, marshmello_O said:

Why on earth would you do that?

14 minutes ago, HZapperz said:

Im not 100% sure but I think even if you plug it into the mobo, it still uses the graphics card, and I think that's the reason why you experience choppy video on your 1080p monitors

In the mobo it uses igpu

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

You shouldn't be running outputs from both, your mobo and video card. See if you can configure everything to your video card, it may just be able to handle it. and also, i think it should fix your choppiness. Also, make sure your cables are good (sometimes cabling causes the funniest problems) make sure hdmi 2.0 cables being used for anything above 1080p 60fps.

8 hours ago, HZapperz said:

8 hours ago, ChaosJ said:

You shouldn't be running outputs from both, your mobo and video card. See if you can configure everything to your video card, it may just be able to handle it. and also, i think it should fix your choppiness. Also, make sure your cables are good (sometimes cabling causes the funniest problems) make sure hdmi 2.0 cables being used for anything above 1080p 60fps.

I'll switch it all up and see what happens. I also don't want an extensive framerate hit on my games. Will see what it does, otherwise I'll stick with my current solution.