What shoud i look at when i buy HDDs?

ViruZ_HUN

Hello!

i see alot of series by Seagate and WD and other manufacturers off HDDS, but the series confuse me?

Which series shoud i look at from example

Seagate or WD when buying a HDD?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Moar gigahertz

dafuq?

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Look at RPM and capacity and reviews

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Either, they are both great, rpm is what you should be looking at.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Hello!

i see alot of series by Seagate and WD and other manufacturers off HDDS, but the series confuse me?

If you need speed get something with higher RPM's, and if you need something that lasts longer than your average drive get a WD red drive. They are meant to run nonstop for a very long time, but they are more expensive. In my opinion the best hdd's to get are WD black hard drives, they are fast, last a long time, and reliable.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

(Our lord and savior: GabeN)

dafuq?

Seagate is also just fine as well. Both companies are great manufacturers of hdd's.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

If you need speed get something with higher RPM's, and if you need something that lasts longer than your average drive get a WD red drive. They are meant to run nonstop for a very long time, but they are more expensive. In my opinion the best hdd's to get are WD black hard drives, they are fast, last a long time, and reliable.

i see seagate have the cheapest drives, also i used seagate and WD all my life so i trust them. So is Barracuda series good one?

i see seagate have the cheapest drives, also i used seagate and WD all my life so i trust them. So is Barracuda series good one?

Yea, it should be just fine. and if for some reason it does fail i'm sure there is a warranty that will help you.

Hello!

Depends on how you intend to use the unit.

If you are looking for a primary drive. One you will install an o/s on and use as a boot & system drive, look for speed and large cache size. Look at Segate Barracuda and Western Digital Black. If price is a concern, WD Blue is also an option.

If you are looking for storage drives, drives you will use to store stuff that you won't use that often you can consider slower drives WD Greens for example. Not to say that Barracuda, Blacks, and Blues won't do a good job, they will simply cost a little more.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Well I just bought a 2TB SSHD from Seagate. Take from that what you will.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS