This is how good Corsair's Customer support is LOL

Go to solution Solved by pete_agreatguy,

Hi all,

I've managed to get somewhere after a lot of trial and error and reading up.

I used the standard HDD/ODD screws from the kit included with the case to secure the mechanical drives to the hdd trays.

I've used the HDD tray screws as indicated in the case manual to secure the trays to the hdd cage. They look like the bottom middle bagged screws in this image.

See the following post: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=154066

How bad of a response can you get ...

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am trying to find out which screws fit the following holes on the 750D case hard drive bay and hard drive cage as I need to fix my hard drives to the tray and the tray to the hard drive cage in order to help reduce vibration noise:

750d_hdd01.jpg~original

and ...

750d_hdd02.jpg~original

Thank you in advance for your aid

Corsair's Customer Support Response:

Hi Peter,

We don't have a specific screw for just that what we have would be the set http://www.corsair.com/en-eu/accessory-kit-730t-750d-760t-780t here is the link and the screw your looking for would be included.

Thank you

They design a case and then don't have a clue what they have designed.

Corsair 750D Case | Antec HCP850W PSU | Asus P6T | Intel i7 920 @ 4GHz with Thermalright Archon SB-E X2 | 
2x 4GB G Skill PC3-12800 | EVGA GTX760 2GB | s/g 480GB SSD + 2TB + s/s 250GB SSD | Win 7 Ultimate x64 OS

He's not wrong, there isn't an HDD specific screw. There is a set of screws that is used for HDDs, ODDs, and basically everything that's not a fan/motherboard. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Well, I've worked out that the normal "HDD/ODD" screws are used to fit the hard drive to the hdd tray; however I am struggling to work out which screw fixes the hdd tray to the hdd cage. If anyone knows, please do @ me.

Corsair 750D Case | Antec HCP850W PSU | Asus P6T | Intel i7 920 @ 4GHz with Thermalright Archon SB-E X2 | 
2x 4GB G Skill PC3-12800 | EVGA GTX760 2GB | s/g 480GB SSD + 2TB + s/s 250GB SSD | Win 7 Ultimate x64 OS

I think they like to screw around with people.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

You think the customer support staff know every screw that fits every case they make?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

7 minutes ago, pete_agreatguy said:

Well, I've worked out that the normal "HDD/ODD" screws are used to fit the hard drive to the hdd tray; however I am struggling to work out which screw fixes the hdd tray to the hdd cage. If anyone knows, please do @ me.

Probably the same screw. Just look at the pile of screws and try them. There's no harm in trying.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

8 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

You think the customer support staff know every screw that fits every case they make?

Aircraft manufactures know it for aircraft. So why not the same standard for a computer cas?. Why design a computer case and not make sure the components all fit together as they should? You wouldn't stick a cheap PSU in an overclocked build ;)

2 minutes ago, pete_agreatguy said:

Aircraft manufactures know it for aircraft. So why not the same standard for a computer cas?. Why design a computer case and not make sure the components all fit together as they should? You wouldn't stick a cheap PSU in an overclocked build ;)

Are you seriously comparing a plane to a computer case.....

Also, all the parts do fit together. You just failed kindergarten and can't put the round screw in the round hole.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Also, all the parts do fit together. You just failed kindergarten and can't put the round screw in the round hole.

In terms of consumer support, yes.

36 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

In the picture its very clear the trays have a quick release system, if you ask me OP is trying to screw something in that just shouldn't be screwed in at all. It would defeat the purpose of quick release if you had to remove the entire cage to unscrew the tray so you could then use the quick release system.

Also on second glance it appears the hole you're trying to screw into is there so 2.5" SSDs will fit in the same tray as a 3.5" drive. The reason he can't get anything to fit is because there's no thread behind the hole for the screw to grip to.

38 minutes ago, pete_agreatguy said:

Errr no, Aeroplane ENGINEERS will know which screws fit what for their specific part of the plane but suggesting that any one person would know every single screw on an Aeroplane is worse than trying to screw in a quick release hard drive tray. Besides that why would an Aeroplane manufacturer have a customer support department?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

6 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

In the picture its very clear the trays have a quick release system, if you ask me OP is trying to screw something in that just shouldn't be screwed in at all. It would defeat the purpose of quick release if you had to remove the entire cage to unscrew the tray so you could then use the quick release system.

Errr no, Aeroplane ENGINEERS will know which screws fit what for their specific part of the plane but suggesting that any one person would know every single screw on an Aeroplane is worse than trying to screw in a quick release hard drive tray. Besides that why would an Aeroplane manufacturer have a customer support department?

I didn't pay much attention to the pictures, but you're right. 

Airplane manufacturers definitely do have support departments. They still need to support maintenance engineers of airlines/individuals.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

There are no screws for that, because the sled isn't supposed to be screwed to the cage. Using the HDD as reference, the holes on the sled and cage don't line up. Doesn't matter, the third hole on the sled is justanother point to screw some (likely older) HDDs to the sled.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

46 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I am wanting to screw the hard drives in to reduce vibration noise. In the manual for the case, there are diagrams indicating you can do so. The holes lineup perfectly.

Also on second glance it appears the hole you're trying to screw into is there so 2.5" SSDs will fit in the same tray as a 3.5" drive. The reason he can't get anything to fit is because there's no thread behind the hole for the screw to grip to.

The SSDs screw in from the bottom on the trays ;)

Aircraft engineers refer to datasheets which list which screw or rivet is required where in detail.

Hi all,

I've managed to get somewhere after a lot of trial and error and reading up.

I used the standard HDD/ODD screws from the kit included with the case to secure the mechanical drives to the hdd trays.

I've used the HDD tray screws as indicated in the case manual to secure the trays to the hdd cage. They look like the bottom middle bagged screws in this image.

See the following post: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=154066