F@H Shooting for 200's

I'm number 384 on the LTT team right now and I hope to break into the 200's within 2 week's.  I'm running an average of 450k ppd and run almost 24/7 right now.  I regularly end my folding sessions for a number of reasons however I'm hoping to fold for a while.  The electricity bill is about the same as my aquariums used to cost so I consider this as an expense towards my new hobby.  Still I recently took about a week off because the NVidia driver was corrupt or outdated and didn't find the time to figure out that it was a driver update.  So there is always something stupid that stops me, hopefully this time it's different.

I have my 7600k @4.6ish ghz running medium load and my stock 1070.  If I run full I get temp issues and would like to work at undervolting my cpu but between work and zone out time I don't want to tweak.  Have been thinking off and on about getting a 1060 or 2 or perhaps a 1080 upgrade and throw the 1070 into secondary use.  But who knows if that will pan out to anything.

Last comment: I have heard that cpu folding is useful for the program, I know the ppd vs wattage spent doesn't make sense but have heard it is important for the work being done, hence getting my cpu to crunch again.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

Folding is weird. I was doing it to help since I've got the power, but then I said "well why not shoot for top 100 (team) while I'm at it?" Now I've become a point glutton. Sigh.

Just now, L.Lawliet said:

Hmm so folding is how u get that fancy badges may i ask what u'll get in returns except those badges?

You're donating to science, basically.

2 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

Oh okay..so basically its using our computer resources to do science and stuff..

hmm that sounds fishy though..

It's been around since the early 2000s. I was folding on my PS3. Nothing fishy about it. You are informed of or can choose the projects you support.

1 minute ago, L.Lawliet said:

Okay but what if...say they secretly do something with our pc using folding as a front?

Who knows..or its just me being paranoid :P 

Well I certainly couldn't say they aren't, but your paranoia levels are a bit elevated lol...

I'm currently at 233 and I'm aiming for breaking into the 100s as well. For me, I don't fold on my processor because of temperature but I do fold on my GPU which outputs about 300K on my laptop. Then again, every little bit counts in folding.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

9 hours ago, L.Lawliet said:

Hmm so folding is how u get that fancy badges may i ask what u'll get in returns except those badges?

I do it because the effect's of cancer and disease are a real thing and I have seen it enter many lives around me.  I was folding a bit back in 04ish but only because it was something to do.  Since then, yeah I've seen a good deal of suffering.

A few thought's, there is no way one of us could know what they're doing with the cycles on your computer.  With that said there is no way to know what is going on with your computer at any given moment, so at some point you need a little faith.  Also I feel that even though cycles now are far less than they will be in the future, it is worth it due to exponential gains, we build off what we know and the more we do now the faster the growth in knowledge.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

10 hours ago, Legendarypoet said:

Folding is weird. I was doing it to help since I've got the power, but then I said "well why not shoot for top 100 (team) while I'm at it?" Now I've become a point glutton. Sigh.

Hehe, yeah, those points really get ya.  I am bad about points and badge hunting.  Especially badges on forum boards, there a reason I have all of these on my home forum:

badges.PNG.d4c3d1db5a1490d2d0ce40716de56304.PNG

I just love collecting badges.

On the topic of using the CPU, the new A7 units are super nice.  I seen 133K PPD spit out of my 5960X at setting six on F@H.  This on an A7 units, A4 units are not as much but not as bad as the older units.  I would do more on CPU folding for data points, but the 5960X and my FX8120 are tied up in BOINC events for the next several days.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

11 hours ago, Ithanul said:

Hehe, yeah, those points really get ya.  I am bad about points and badge hunting.  Especially badges on forum boards, there a reason I have all of these on my home forum:

On the topic of using the CPU, the new A7 units are super nice.  I seen 133K PPD spit out of my 5960X at setting six on F@H.  This on an A7 units, A4 units are not as much but not as bad as the older units.  I would do more on CPU folding for data points, but the 5960X and my FX8120 are tied up in BOINC events for the next several days.

I have a 5820k sitting next to me which is off most of the time.  Are your ppd based off a solid OC or stock speeds?  I assumed it wasn't worth the electricity to run it esp since the gpu is an amd r9 380.  I have lightly thought about a new gpu, either upgrade for main rig and hand me down of 1070 or perhaps dual 1060's for my "server".

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

11 hours ago, Psittac said:

I have a 5820k sitting next to me which is off most of the time.  Are your ppd based off a solid OC or stock speeds?  I assumed it wasn't worth the electricity to run it esp since the gpu is an amd r9 380.  I have lightly thought about a new gpu, either upgrade for main rig and hand me down of 1070 or perhaps dual 1060's for my "server".

I run the 5960X at 4.5GHz (whole reason I bought this used one - OC like a champ if kept cooled).

GTX1070s see around 650-750K PPD.

GTX1060s see around 300-400K PPD.

Varies by what work units you get on the cards.

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

On 11/14/2017 at 9:39 AM, Ithanul said:

Geez! And I thought I was bad. I just want to pass @iamdarkyoshi xD

39 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

Geez! And I thought I was bad. I just want to pass @iamdarkyoshi xD

Yeah, I like badges.

Though, finally doing a PrimeGrid run test on the 1080Ti.  O boy, I had to turn the OC down big time on this air cooler.  The card was not liking the heat (at 77C atm).