2U Server case with 4-5 double slot GPU support

Hi dear LTT Forum community,

I am looking to build a 2U server with 4 or if possible 5 dual slot GPUs. I need a server case to fit an Intel S2600CP2 motherboard and aprox. 6 HDD bays. I also need coolers and a power supply (1200W - 1500W). Do you guys have any recommendations?

Thank you!

Örs

I don't know where to get these as I get them for recycling... but 2U is a weird choice, 5 full height GPUs? that should be in horizontal position and I cannot recall any cases with such structure :(

Probably if it has few HDD cages you might find one

Nothing on the market exists that wouldn't be custom made. If you went for a 4U chassis there are tons of them out there.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

can you fit 5 GPUs side by side in a standard width rack?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

6 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

can you fit 5 GPUs side by side in a standard width rack?

Vertically? Yes (I think you can fit 11)

Horizontally? Maybe 2 or 3

I know in the GPU video linus did with the supercomputer a while back they did 4 GPUs, two laying flat in the back and two in the front.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Vertically? Yes (I think you can fit 11)

Horizontally? Maybe 2 or 3

I know in the GPU video linus did with the supercomputer a while back they did 4 GPUs, two laying flat in the back and two in the front.

yah i ment horizontally because thats the only way they will go in a 2U

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

OK. I just found out that the height of a 2U chassis is 3.5 ". There is no way to fit 4 cards vertically. I wanted to install the cards vertically...

So could you point me to a good 3U or 4U solution?

5 GPU's  and 6 HDD's is a hell of an order for a 2U especially supporting an SSI EEB motherboard. 

Rosewill make a 4U case for mining (if you dont require pci-e bandwidth), but you'd have to make your own custom HDD mounts for it. 

There are 2U cases from the likes of PNY but theyre very expensive and come as a barebones at the minimum, as theyre for AI learning machines. 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA