Destiny 2

Watashi
18 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

Anyone else playing?? I'm absolutely loving pretty much every aspect of the game. What do you guys think?

I want to get the game.

Does the PC have a absolutely humongous multiplayer base?

16 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

-snip-

When multiplayer do you mean pvp? or just the game in general? And to be entirely honest I'm not sure of the total number of players. I'll have to check that online. But there are articles where bungie claimed approximately 1.2 Million people at launch (on the console) I couldn't find any data for the PC. 

However, I have no problem whatsoever finding people to play with.

41 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

When multiplayer do you mean pvp? or just the game in general? And to be entirely honest I'm not sure of the total number of players. I'll have to check that online. But there are articles where bungie claimed approximately 1.2 Million people at launch (on the console) I couldn't find any data for the PC. 

However, I have no problem whatsoever finding people to play with.

pc

I mean where people play each other 

23 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

pc

I mean where people play each other 

Not sure how big the community is there. However, I do hope that it is big. The multiplayer is awesome, and personally I would love to see an individual leveling system become implemented into it. It reminds me of halo 3.

1 hour ago, Doomerson said:

Not sure how big the community is there. However, I do hope that it is big. The multiplayer is awesome, and personally I would love to see an individual leveling system become implemented into it. It reminds me of halo 3.

It reminds me of Overwatch.

16 hours ago, CyberFern0 said:

-snip-

I guess I can see that, but if you ask me they don't have TOO many similarities. Also, I didn't play very much overwatch, just messed around with it a little because I had access to the free beta

37 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

I guess I can see that, but if you ask me they don't have TOO many similarities. Also, I didn't play very much overwatch, just messed around with it a little because I had access to the free beta

true

8 hours ago, kilgore_T said:

great game have had lots of fun

Me too! What are some of your favorite aspects? I would say mine are: the graphics, the gunplay, and cooperative pve events. But I also like other aspects of the game, using your mount (I can't remember the name of it), the different currency and exchange systems, and overall how active the community is.

I really like the game. I just bought the expansion pass. I just wish Blizzard allowed names as long as the one I usually use. I had to shorten mine to nitemarevoid.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

15 hours ago, Doomerson said:

Me too! What are some of your favorite aspects? I would say mine are: the graphics, the gunplay, and cooperative pve events. But I also like other aspects of the game, using your mount (I can't remember the name of it), the different currency and exchange systems, and overall how active the community is.

I love the design, its such an imaginative universe, the colours and textures,

all of it together really scratch a sci-fi itch for me

its the kind of game I would like to show my younger self and say....check out the sh*t we are playing in the future

On 11/14/2017 at 2:46 AM, kilgore_T said:

I love the design, its such an imaginative universe, the colours and textures,

all of it together really scratch a sci-fi itch for me

its the kind of game I would like to show my younger self and say....check out the sh*t we are playing in the future

haha! I absolutely love that description! I know that the setting is one thing that I really love about the game too. And I also agree with you, the game is totally beautiful. 

23 hours ago, Doomerson said:

haha! I absolutely love that description! I know that the setting is one thing that I really love about the game too. And I also agree with you, the game is totally beautiful. 

I really like the colors of the skies in some places, and how nessus's vegetation is red

3 hours ago, Doomerson said:

I really like the colors of the skies in some places, and how nessus's vegetation is red

Nessus and Io are spectacular

I loved the main story, but I am not happy with how the end game content is being done. If you dont have "friends" then you have to do the end game by yourself or find some people on another website. There should be matchmaking / find group function if you are all alone and no one there beside you...

1 hour ago, lieder1987 said:

I loved the main story, but I am not happy with how the end game content is being done. If you dont have "friends" then you have to do the end game by yourself or find some people on another website. There should be matchmaking / find group function if you are all alone and no one there beside you...

They have a group finder built into their destiny bungie webpage,  It's also built into the phone app.  Though I agree its not the best method, full of casual baddies who won't invite you cuz you don't meet their light lvl requirements (padding their badness with gear lvl) but you do meet the minimum requirements set by Bungie.  Like the last boss suggested light lvl is 280 and they're like nah you can join unless your 290+ . 

Reminds me of when I was doing Vault of glass in destiny 1 and looking for a group for the Hardmode raid at the time your max lvl was 20 and it was boosted to up to 30 by gear, you needed the lvl 30 head piece which was only dropped by the last boss on hard mode to hit lvl 30 but all the groups would be like nah you can't join cuz your not lvl 30 cant do it as a 29.  Yet my Main static group that i did it on my main character with did the entire hardmode raid as all lvl 29s in less then an hour, that's the kinda stuff you have to deal with in Destiny.

Eventually though it will get better you'll find people through that group finder that you mesh with and become friends with and do stuff with them every week.  Also joining a clan can help with these issues.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

58 minutes ago, Ryoku said:

They have a group finder built into their destiny bungie webpage,  It's also built into the phone app.  Though I agree its not the best method, full of casual baddies who won't invite you cuz you don't meet their light lvl requirements (padding their badness with gear lvl) but you do meet the minimum requirements set by Bungie.  Like the last boss suggested light lvl is 280 and they're like nah you can join unless your 290+ . 

Reminds me of when I was doing Vault of glass in destiny 1 and looking for a group for the Hardmode raid at the time your max lvl was 20 and it was boosted to up to 30 by gear, you needed the lvl 30 head piece which was only dropped by the last boss on hard mode to hit lvl 30 but all the groups would be like nah you can't join cuz your not lvl 30 cant do it as a 29.  Yet my Main static group that i did it on my main character with did the entire hardmode raid as all lvl 29s in less then an hour, that's the kinda stuff you have to deal with in Destiny.

Eventually though it will get better you'll find people through that group finder that you mesh with and become friends with and do stuff with them every week.  Also joining a clan can help with these issues.

Every MMO I've ever played has had this. Some groups won't take below a certain level, or a certain class or the wrong build etc.

Destiny does have guided game now which seems like a good idea but never tried it so not sure how it works.

5950 - 3090 - 32gb - Aorus FV43U - Steam Deck - Fuji xPro 3 - Olympus OM1 n

On 11/17/2017 at 2:29 AM, kilgore_T said:

Nessus and Io are spectacular

I think the liquid on Titan looks pretty wondrous as well.

On 11/17/2017 at 8:54 AM, Ryoku said:

Plus, as the game continues more people are likely to actually learn the content, and feel comfortable allowing lower power leveled players to join their group.

On ‎17‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:27 PM, Doomerson said:

I think the liquid on Titan looks pretty wondrous as well.

"Way down by the Methane Sea, yeah" Jimi Hendrix