Samsung Galaxy S4 Catches On Fire, Samsung Wants You to Keep Quiet

snowComet

Clearly u don't know phones then.

Actually I do. I have a HTC One. What do you to say to that?

Yeah... Thats what I thought.

Typical fucking Samsung. If it wasn't for the fact that SK is extremely biased twords them, they would have half their execs in jail, some have already been too.

Wow, one phone burns and this all the proof iphone fanboys need to have a stab at Samsung.  Did no-one consider it may be a freak on one off? surge maybe? this bloke could have dropped his phone in the sink and decided this was the best way to get a new one.   For the record apple are just as much dicks to their customers as any other company is, so get off the fanboy wagon.

Well to be honest, my problem with this is how Samsung handled the issue. I don't know if this is real or not (anyone can simply print out a fake paper and say it was from some company) but if it is then Samsung are kind of being douchebags. The guy barely had any views to begin with, and now after this video it is blowing up. It is worth noting that, like I pointed out in my previous post, people have claimed that their Samsung phones spontaneously combusted in the past, and what really happened was that they for example put their phones in microwaves.

Clearly u don't know phones then.

Don't mind him. He is just a Samsung hater.

You don't have to know anything about the things you buy. I can buy a car even though I know very little about them.

Wow, that's a huge dick move from Samsung.

Does anyone know if he used the official charger and the stock battery? There are people that have said their Samsung phones has busted into flames in the past, and it has then been relieved that they for example put it in the microwave, or used third party batteries.

It was official charger and battery. People with offical charger and battery and have burned ports and overheated batteries to the point where they cause damage has happened in many countries including China, SK, USA, Canada, UK, and Germany.

It was official charger and battery. People with offical charger and battery and have burned ports and overheated batteries to the point where they cause damage has happened in many countries including China, SK, USA, Canada, UK, and Germany.

Source? I didn't see or hear it mentioned in the video.

Well to be honest, my problem with this is how Samsung handled the issue. I don't know if this is real or not (anyone can simply print out a fake paper and say it was from some company) but if it is then Samsung are kind of being douchebags. The guy barely had any views to begin with, and now after this video it is blowing up. It is worth noting that, like I pointed out in my previous post, people have claimed that their Samsung phones spontaneously combusted in the past, and what really happened was that they for example put their phones in microwaves.

My point was more that regardless of whether Samsung were genuinely being dicks about it, we know that apple is just as bad and that the iphone fanboy's should stop being ignorant.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Yeah... Thats what I thought.

I have a note 3.. what does that prove about either of us? I could also have a ancient nokia and still know more about phones than someone with a $1000 phone. Having a higeend phone doesnt neccesarily mean u know something about phones.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

I have a note 3.. what does that prove about either of us? I could also have a ancient nokia and still know more about phones than someone with a $1000 phone. Having a higeend phone doesnt neccesarily mean u know something about phones.

The fact that you think the Note 3 is better than the iPhone is ridiculous. They both have advantages and disadvantages.

https://www.google.com/search?q=samsung+s4+issues&oq=samsung+s4+issues&aqs=chrome..69i57.8334j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#es_sm=122&espv=210&q=iphone+battery+fire

The fact that you think the Note 3 is better than the iPhone is ridiculous. They both have advantages and disadvantages.

How did you get "note 3 is better than iphone" out of this:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

i know right? and thank you for clarifying my intentions. 

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Big difference is that Apple immediately replaced it and said sorry and said it was their fault and it wasn't nearly as widespread. Samsung is trying to cover it up and not even allow the guy to talk about it or they won't give him the phone.

Big difference is that Apple immediately replaced it and said sorry and said it was their fault and it wasn't nearly as widespread. Samsung is trying to cover it up and not even allow the guy to talk about it or they won't give him the phone.

No difference at all.  As I said before, we don't know enough about this case to know that is actually what happened, for all we know this kid could just be an apple fanboy with an axe to grind. For all we know he may have dropped the phone in a the sink, tried to claim it, had it refused then released the video on the net to extort a new phone. Or the article is spot on. We don't know. Not to forget that apple have been dicks to their customers before too.

Why do people think that some how apple is some god like company that always has it's customers interests at heart?  They are no better/worse than any other company. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=samsung+s4+issues&oq=samsung+s4+issues&aqs=chrome..69i57.8334j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#es_sm=122&espv=210&q=Apple%20refuse%20to%20replace%20iphone

Great thing about Apple is that they actually replace your stuff, no questions asked, if it's a known problem.  Even if you bring in an out of warranty Mac that is having a problem, like I did, they diagnose the problem for free, meanwhile a PC repair shop will charge you for everything.

No, some PC shops will. My shop doesn't charge shit for diagnostics same as a couple other. Only one shop in my town does that and no one goes there for that reason alone. Source: Work a Tech in a local store.  

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

No, some PC shops will. My shop doesn't charge shit for diagnostics same as a couple other. Only one shop in my town does that and no one goes there for that reason alone. Source: Work a Tech in a local store.

What's your diagnostic process? In detail, if you could.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

What's your diagnostic process? In detail, if you could.

Receive customers machine with a rough description of what the problem is.

Give them a rough Idea of what the cost/problem will be.

Diagnose the problem

Contact the customer will a full price/diagnosis 

Receive go ahead from customer to fix 

Repair machine 

Customer pays on collection

Or 

Contact the customer will a full price/diagnosis.

Customer doesn't want the repair done

Customer collects machine gets told to have a nice day and to take a card should they wish to contact us in the future.

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

Diagnose the problem

Contact the customer will a full price/diagnosis

Receive go ahead from customer to fix

Repair machine

Customer pays on collection

Or

Contact the customer will a full price/diagnosis.

Customer doesn't want the repair done

Customer collects machine gets told to have a nice day and to take a card should they wish to contact us in the future.

I meant what you do when diagnosing, name all the things you'll test before charging.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

I meant what you do when diagnosing, name all the things you'll test before charging.

oh well thats totally individual to each problem. There are many things I'll do for each different problem, far too many to get into listing :').

oh well thats totally individual to each problem. There are many things I'll do for each different problem, far too many to get into listing :').

What would you charge for that isn't hardware?

What would you charge for that isn't hardware?

For Software related problems max possible charge is £40($65) that's for fullback up and re-install of everything OS, programs, drivers updates etc etc. Quick cleanup and virus removal is £25($40) and small quick fix silly user error problems are £5($8).

For Software related problems max possible charge is £40($65) that's for fullback up and re-install of everything OS, programs, drivers updates etc etc. Quick cleanup and virus removal is £25($40) and small quick fix silly user error problems are £5($8).

Now I know what to charge my friends ;D

Now I know what to charge my friends ;D

Aha bare in mind the local average income, I know some tech's that charge double for what I do, but they're in big cities like London so there's more money about, my prices are tailored to the average Joe.

I was done with Samsung about two months after I got my S3.  Three batteries later, two destroyed 64gb Micro SD cards and then the power switch just dying out of no were exactly 1 day after the warranty expired was enough for me to never want to touch one of their products again.

EDIT:  I would like to note that I keep insane care of my electronics and my phone lived from day 1 in an Otterbox.  The "lovely" people at my local Rogers store could not figure out how the button broke since the phone was in mint condition.

I wanted an S4 before I came across this thread, now that I'm done reading through it, I still want an S4. Shit like this happens, I'm pretty sure it's happened to iPhones and other phones out there.

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

1) Not all of those are with the stock charger and battery.

2) I can't find anything that either confirms do denies that the person in OP's video used the stock charger and battery.

Please don't make stuff up just to rationalize your hatred for Samsung. Don't have any proof to back your claims up with? Then don't make the claim to begin with.

And yes of course there will be some people that have had their stock charger and stock battery catch fire, but that's not what I asked for. I asked if the person in OP's video used it.

I wanted an S4 before I came across this thread, now that I'm done reading through it, I still want an S4. Shit like this happens, I'm pretty sure it's happened to iPhones and other phones out there.

Don't buy the S4 right now. If you can, wait like 2 months and we will probably see the Galaxy S 5 as well as the HTC Two (or whatever the successor to the One will be called) be announced.

Both the HTC One and Galaxy S 4 are fairly outdated at this point. The Nexus 5 is probably a better buy than the Galaxy S 4 as well, unless you really really want something special the S4 offers (in which case, wait for the S5).