Gigabyte accepts RMA for bent pins?

Hi! So just less than a month ago my Gigabyte H170N-WiFi (sort of) died.

Basically the USB controller got fried but the thing still boots as if new. Sadly without USB, it renders the PC unusable.

I bought it used btw.

As soon as it died, I ran out to buy a new orange-r Gigabyte B250N Phoenix-WiFi and tbh, I couldn't be happier with my decision. The extra USB ports was a really good upgrade.

I asked the local Gigabyte FB page if the old board was still good for an RMA. No reply.

Soo back to the old board, as I was packing it up (to send it for an RMA and maybe resell it), I accidentally bent the pins.

It was a stupid mistake really.

I assumed that it was basically dead now and it'd be impossible to RMA so I sold it for scraps and told the buyer that maybe if he could unbend the pins he could RMA it himself.

Then a weird thing happened. A day after I sold it, Gigabyte replied that the serial# on the board was still good for an RMA.

I told them I accidentally bent the pins and sold it off to some guy.

They then replied, It's okay we also accept bent pins. Only GIGABYTE accepts burnt chips, oxidized and bent pins.

I'm like, WHAT.

So is this true? Just, you know. For future reference.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

If that is true then Gigabyte is certainly worth going with considering they have a UK returns centre, I've always liked the look of ASrock myself although my current board is Gigabyte.