NO 1080TI FOUNDERS CARDS ANYWHERE!

DarthSmartt
25 minutes ago, DarthSmartt said:

Can someone direct me to a 1080ti with the same pcb as the founders edition? The founders edition just has the stock PCB right? gracphics cards are confusing.

As you wish!

HERE

More info: the Founders edition is the "stock pcb" for the 1080Ti there are no other non Founders cards that use the Founders pcb, not even the cheap MSI aero cards, they use a custom(if possibly worse) pcb.

My assumption for the kit that you found would be the: EK A240G kit found HERE

FYI, remember that this kit it not currently compatable with ANY of EK's other parts as the aluminum components are approved for use with any of their copper or nickle plated parts, that being said... it will still perform very well and will cost FAR less to get you started in water cooling.

Edited by Maxxtraxx
more info

13 hours ago, Zmax said:

Did you buy the water block kit , what is the kit number

I do not have the kit yet.

13 hours ago, Maxxtraxx said:

As you wish!

HERE

Thanks!

Build:                                                                          

Intel Core I7 6700k (clocked to 4.6ghz)

Patriot Viper 3000mhz ddr4

ASUS maximus 8 hero (I hate this mobo)

Evga gtx 1080 superclocked

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Ek watercooling kit a240g with 360 expansion pack

Primochill Vue Red fluid

Corsair Graphite 600t (white)

You thought "Gee, Donald Trump sure has a great build!"

You pay more for a founder edition, with no real advantage, since they are specs by NVidia. 

Look at a card you want and see what water kit will fit it. Before you do anything. 

In my opinion

13 hours ago, DarthSmartt said:

Thanks!

Happy to help!

12 hours ago, Zmax said:

You pay more for a founder edition, with no real advantage, since they are specs by NVidia. 

Look at a card you want and see what water kit will fit it. Before you do anything. 

In my opinion

If my assumption proves correct... that he's getting the A240G kit from EK...

EK does not make any other GPU blocks for other cards that are compatible with this kit, the reason being that this kit uses all aluminum components to get the selling price down to 1/2 of what the kit would cost with copper and nickel plated components.

Therefore he MUST get a founders edition pcb.

44 minutes ago, Maxxtraxx said:

If my assumption proves correct... that he's getting the A240G kit from EK...

EK does not make any other GPU blocks for other cards that are compatible with this kit, the reason being that this kit uses all aluminum components to get the selling price down to 1/2 of what the kit would cost with copper and nickel plated components.

Therefore he MUST get a founders edition pcb.

Yes. I also found that the Superclocked black edition gaming 1080ti from evga is compatable. Idk if the kit is compatable with a my 6700k or not and i need one with a 360 rad instead of the 240.

Build:                                                                          

Intel Core I7 6700k (clocked to 4.6ghz)

Patriot Viper 3000mhz ddr4

ASUS maximus 8 hero (I hate this mobo)

Evga gtx 1080 superclocked

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Ek watercooling kit a240g with 360 expansion pack

Primochill Vue Red fluid

Corsair Graphite 600t (white)

You thought "Gee, Donald Trump sure has a great build!"

13 hours ago, DarthSmartt said:

I'm very confused. For some reason, on amazon and newegg and stuff, I can't seem to find any founders edition 1080tis. The few I did find cost more than the freaking titan xp! Can someone direct me to a founders 1080ti please, or tell me how much of an idiot I am, or tell me what's going on?

If you actually read the compatibility list it doesn't just support Founder Edition Cards.

12 hours ago, DarthSmartt said:

Yes. I also found that the Superclocked black edition gaming 1080ti from evga is compatable. Idk if the kit is compatable with a my 6700k or not and i need one with a 360 rad instead of the 240.

If the kit is comatible with the LGA 1151 socket then its compatible with your cpu

4 hours ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

Watercooling?

Founders != Reference please note. Also the better power delivery of the aftermarket cards is much better for overclocking. 

The Asus ROG Poseidon would likely be overall cheaper and has a pre installed watercooling block. You can also turn the fans on with the water pump for extra cooling to push it further.