Help please Ryzen build won’t power on

Go to solution Solved by Titaniumx24x,

What’s actually funny about this picture is you can see my Xbox ones power brick unplugged under my desk don’t think it’ll get plugged in again

So I’m trying to switch from Xbox one to pc and my parts came in today. Ive got all the parts installed and it won’t even power on no fans, just the ez debug led which flashes all lights for a split second,  all connections are snug. My build is as follows Ryzen 1300x, GTX 1050ti gaming x, two sticks of 8gb ripjaws v ddr4 2800, msi b350m gaming pro, evga 500b, Samsung 250gb ssd, seagate barracuda 2tb hdd, and nzxt s340

I just took everything out of the motherboard except the cpu and cooler, put it on some cardboard, and put in the one stick of 8gb ddr4, the gpu, and then plugged the 8 pin cpu connector, 6 pin gpu connector and the power switch and it fired up with the ez debug led staying lit solid on boot so I put everything back in but I’m back at step one please help me I’m new at this and so close to just bringing it to a shop I hope this is detailed enough thanks in advance

- Moved to Troubleshooting -

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 minutes ago, Titaniumx24x said:

Maybe there’s a short?

Maybe. Did you rubber band your wrist during assembly?

Are you getting forever MB lights coming from the MB when you power on or does it turn off by itself? (since you MB doesn't have a post code)

Check your cpu pins

and/ or check your power supply.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

You probably haven´t connected the power switch on the case to the right jumper pins on the board.

Did you plug in the power cable, and did you switch the PSU on?

Last time this happened to me was when I screwed in the motherboard too hard and it was shorting on the case.

Thanks for all the replies guys, after I posted this I started doing some more troubleshooting I took everything except the cpu and cooler out of the mobo and one by one started to plug things. So one of the wires coming from the case had my case fans wired into what I think is a molex connector with a 4 pin connector on the end and I assumed once I hooked the psu up to the molex connector I was supposed to plug the 4 pin connector into the system fans header on my mobo but    I guess that wasn’t the case turns out me plugging that 4 pin connector into the sys fan header was preventing my pc from powering on at all, I removed that and everything fired up smoothly thanks again everybody

ABB67438-F4F6-4AE2-A1FD-04D63034CB31.jpeg

Feelsgoodman running league at 250+ frames running paragon well on medium t9 high settings ayyye

What’s actually funny about this picture is you can see my Xbox ones power brick unplugged under my desk don’t think it’ll get plugged in again