Audio for Wedding Venue / Home Theater

I'm getting married next year, and was thinking about buying a nice speaker system that I could also use as the audio solution for my wedding. I'm not as educated with audio solutions as I am with building a PC, so I'm leaning on you guys for some advice. 

I've been to a few events where the PA system sounds like garbage. Basically people talking through it sound muffled, and the syllables of their words seems to drone together, and music sounds blown out in the low frequencies and you can't quite make out what's happening in the high frequencies. I would like a system I can hook up a microphone to (with a powered adapter if necessary) that sounds good in a small-medium sized venue, but whose main purpose would be to be used as a home theater system after the wedding. 

A plus would be something that supports Google Cast, and an even bigger plus to that would be something that can do wake-on-cast, like my Android TV. 

Is this a realistic ask, or would I be better off just renting some venue-style audio equipment? I was mostly looking to save money overall because I will eventually want to spend money on a nice home theater audio solution.

Go to a music store and talk to them, they probably will have something that will work.  Ideally you'd also get a sound person to make sure the levels were right the whole evening.

Also obviously the venue needs to be properly treated for it to sound good, but I imagine that any home theater system won't do the trick

The Shure SM58 microphone is very popular for this application.  You've probably seen and heard one many times before without knowing it.  They're great, but they have a very distinctive sound signature that is largely responsible for the typical "PA sound".  You'll want to get a mixer with at least a basic EQ (high, low, mid, and where mid is) so you can level that off.  Then just get some PA speakers (Peavey PV 115 or something like that should do) and you'll be good to go.  You could easily setup the sound yourself but if you don't want to or don't know how, you could always hire someone for that I suppose.  It's possible that certain people that offer that service will bring their own equipment.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Not got a chance in hell of this being a possibility. 
Take this from a person who works in the industry you will not find a speaker which will be suitable for your wedding as well as being suitable for a home theatre.