The Nathan Drake Collection or The Last of Us?

So having recently gotten a PS4 I'm exploring my PlayStation exclusive options and have basically narrowed it down to two choices, The Nathan Drake Collection or The Last of US. They are both around the same price but one obviously gives like 3x the content but I'm wondering if it's worth it and I would like to get other peoples opinions on the games. After finishing the Collection I'd get Uncharted 4 but I just don't want to spend too much all at once. So what do you guys think? Any other games I should consider? Any help would be great, thanks.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

Both are amazing games, I personally like The last of Us better, it's was just of those games I couldn't put down. It's very immersive game, great story, themes and well written characters throughout the entire game. It also has good emotional scenes that some may not see coming.

The Last of Us also comes with the expansion DLC which has some length to it & dives into one of the characters back story.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

Drake collection. 3 games is better than 1, and I think uncharted is really good. You can pick up last of us for cheap if ps4 can play ps3 games. 

Keep in mind though that The Last of Us is a pretty short game, and the Uncharted games really do give you a lot of fun and riddles so I'd opt for that one.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

8 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Keep in mind though that The Last of Us is a pretty short game, and the Uncharted games really do give you a lot of fun and riddles so I'd opt for that one.

Yeah I'm leaning towards the Collection since it's three games in one which is incredible bang for my buck.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

Not knowing your preferences, Uncharted Collection is indeed a lot of content. However, if you prefer stealth and horror vibe of The Last of Us, like I do, you should go that way.

I hear the Collection fixes the gunplay in the first Uncharted game, which I didn't like at all, so I think I'd like to revisit that one at some point. But there are certain chapters in that game that gives me massive motion sickness... so maybe not.

3 hours ago, fpo said:

Drake collection. 3 games is better than 1, and I think uncharted is really good. You can pick up last of us for cheap if ps4 can play ps3 games. 

PS4 can't play PS3 games

I'd go with The Last of Us personally. Uncharted 1 hasn't aged well IMO, though Uncharted 2 & 3 look like they could have been released yesterday. They look amazing in the remasters. But The Last of Us is far and away the best game Naughty Dog made IMO. I love the stealth gameplay and the story is better.

Though if you only have $20 to spend, wait for Black Friday. At least one of them should be $10. I bought The Last of Us for PS4 last Black Friday new from Gamestop for $10. Back around Easter the Playstation Store sold the Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection for $8, and it wouldn't surprise me to see that deal back for their Black Friday sale. Also, you can buy Uncharted 4 used from Gamestop for $10. That game is dirt cheap used since Sony bundled it with their consoles for a year.

As a new PS4 owner, you should check this reddit sub where people post game deals. I rarely pay more than $40 for new PS4 games thanks to PS4Deals.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4Deals/

Every Tuesday the Playstation Store brings out new deals around 8:30AM PST, and they usually have a flash sale once a month, always on Fridays and most often the next to last Friday of the month. 

I would suggest getting Nathan Drake collection first, then going for Uncharted 4 and then going for The last of us.

All of them are quite cheap buying new on Amazon,but still if you can find a better deal in getting used copies I would suggest that.

Other ps4 games I would suggest picking up are Horizon Zero Dawn,Bloodborne,Until Dawn,Nioh,Persona 5,Infamous.

4 hours ago, AG1233 said:

I would suggest getting Nathan Drake collection first, then going for Uncharted 4 and then going for The last of us.

All of them are quite cheap buying new on Amazon,but still if you can find a better deal in getting used copies I would suggest that.

Other ps4 games I would suggest picking up are Horizon Zero Dawn,Bloodborne,Until Dawn,Nioh,Persona 5,Infamous.

Yeah Bloodborne is a must, especially for $20 (and it wouldn't surprise me to see it for $10 for Black Friday). It's far and away my favorite game since Zelda A Link to the Past from back in like 1991. Though The Old Hunters DLC is a must for that game IMO, since it has the toughest boss fights.

Target is going to have Horizon Zero Dawn for $25 on Black Friday, and that's a steal. That game was a rock solid 9.5/10 in my book.

Nioh just came out on PC today, so I'd get the PC version of that unless op doesn't have a good controller for his system.

On 07.11.2017 at 12:46 AM, Gamessys said:

So having recently gotten a PS4 I'm exploring my PlayStation exclusive options and have basically narrowed it down to two choices, The Nathan Drake Collection or The Last of US. They are both around the same price but one obviously gives like 3x the content but I'm wondering if it's worth it and I would like to get other peoples opinions on the games. After finishing the Collection I'd get Uncharted 4 but I just don't want to spend too much all at once. So what do you guys think? Any other games I should consider? Any help would be great, thanks.

I've enjoyed Last of Us more than other PS games but yeah, it's short. Maybe you can rent it, it wouldn't take a lot of time 

On 6.11.2017 at 11:46 PM, Gamessys said:

The Nathan Drake Collection or The Last of US

Horizon Zero Dawn is also something you should buy.

Between those two:
The Nathan Drake Collection!

More fun, more trash talk, less frustrating gameplay...

The Last of Us is more of a Stealth game and can be really frustrating at times. 

I have both and in my oppinion The Last of Us does NOT live up to the hype. If you like that type of game, maybe...

BUT:
You have here 1 Game vs. 3

One Stealthy Survival Shooter vs. 3 Action Adventure/Shooters

Both are PS3 Remakes, both are from the same company.

However Horizon Zero Dawn is way better also a more stealthy postapocalyptic game with an awesome world and Story. Though the story is kinda forseeable if you have a bit of fantasy...

So if possible, go for Horizon instead. Especially in terms of graphics its a huge difference and you should not start with those two!

Because they look rather shitty and are just originally PS3 games and you see that from a mile away.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"