How do I safely clean my monitor screen?

DSprite

I previously had a cheap $250 AUD (even less in USD) 1080p monitor that I used to clean with a disinfectant multipurpose wipe. I did this for years and the screen never had any damage, not even any wipe marks visible, but since I now have the Acer - XB271HU bmiprz 27.0" 2560x1440 IPS 4ms G-Sync 165Hz monitor I don't really want to use the same wipe. I'm scared to even use water. 

Wow don't be paranoid it won't melt! I clean my IPS panels with some monitor cleaning gel and a microfiber cloth. Water won't be very effective getting stubborn stains out though.

10 minutes ago, DSprite said:

I previously had a cheap $250 AUD (even less in USD) 1080p monitor that I used to clean with a disinfectant multipurpose wipe. I did this for years and the screen never had any damage, not even any wipe marks visible, but since I now have the Acer - XB271HU bmiprz 27.0" 2560x1440 IPS 4ms G-Sync 165Hz monitor I don't really want to use the same wipe. I'm scared to even use water. 

Spray a couple shots of no-streak Windex onto a smooth microfiber cloth (just enough to wet it, don't soak it), then gently wipe down the screen.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

If your paranoid use distilled water and a microfiber cloth and don´t apply too much pressure. 

12 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Spray a couple shots of no-streak Windex onto a smooth microfiber cloth (just enough to wet it, don't soak it), then gently wipe down the screen.

NO, it will damage the screen be removing the antiglare coating.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

5 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

NO, it will damage the screen be removing the antiglare coating.

antiglare-what?

3 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

antiglare-what?

Antiglare coating. It goes on top of the monitor screen to prevent glare. It rubs off with windex and rubbing alcohol 

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

1 minute ago, Vandorlot said:

Antiglare coating. It goes on top of the monitor screen to prevent glare. It rubs off with windex and rubbing alcohol 

are all modern monitors made like that ? i never noticed ... and i did clean my monitors with windex for years. maybe the were not modern enough 

2 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

are all modern monitors made like that ? i never noticed ... and i did clean my monitors with windex for years. maybe the were not modern enough 

Not all but lots of the modern ones. Theres also some some with a diffrent type of coating with a diffrent pupropse. Dont worry t omucha about it. It wont affect anything that much just dont clean a new monitor with windex next time.

My Rig

Peripherals

I use distilled water and a microfiber cloth. Remember to slide left to right only and not up and down or in circles.

My Rig

Peripherals