Cant decide Red vs Green

Socky
Here is something in short. If you have a reason for Cuda cores then Nvidia all the way' date=' for everything else, right at the moment AMD is wiping the floor with Nvidia with the 7000 series cards.[/quote']

Forgot about this! Definitely go for the 660Ti if you plan to use any of the Adobe programs or Sony Vegas, huge boost in performance.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

The 7950 is easily the faster card, however, if you wan't to go dual-gpu, Crossfire is very flawed, and not really very beneficial. I honestly can't see why you would get an nVidia shield, the technology only works on your own LAN, which of course requires you to be at home, where your computer is anyways?

I vote 7950 any day. The current beta drivers (once stable) will boost the performance even further, as well as fix the current stuttering "issues".

Crossfire flawed? Don't be ignorant.

I've been reading up on what CUDA cores are best on and it looks like it is good for coding (bear in mind this is from Wikipedia and I was too lazy to look at forms so yeah). I do an amount of coding for classes, but what are CUDA cores really good at and i.e. Steam Processors.

Project Restomod (In progress)

I've been reading up on what CUDA cores are best on and it looks like it is good for coding (bear in mind this is from Wikipedia and I was too lazy to look at forms so yeah). I do an amount of coding for classes, but what are CUDA cores really good at and i.e. Steam Processors.
CUDA is used mostly in video editing programs to speed up rendering and real time output. It is also used in some computational programs such as Folding@Home and SETI@Home. There many other programs that can take advantage of CUDA, but most are professional applications which a normal person is never going to use. The biggest advantage of CUDA for a mainstream customer is faster video encoding times in most video editing programs.

I'm not sure what you mean by "coding". Maybe you read encoding?

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

I vote for 660Ti. The difference between the two cards is not that much but it depends on the game. In some games the 7950 crushes the 660ti, in some games it is the other way around. For example the 660Ti beats the 7950 in Battlefield 3(which is why I got a 660ti), but in Crysis the 7950 beats the 660Ti.

The 660Ti also consumes less power, but it is a negligible amount.

So if you plan to get the Shield when it is released go for the 660Ti. BTW you might have to sit tight to get the Shield, it probably wont be out till at least the end of the year.

Of course I might be biased because I have one....but it works great and I am very happy with it!!

If you are going to get a new GPU by the shield come out get the 7950.

Also if you like any of the games that come with the AMD bundle go for the 7950.

7950 vs 660 Ti: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/645?vs=647

^ +1 HD7950 pwned 660Ti in BF3 since 12.11 beta drivers.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

To be honest, it all depends if you want PhysX or not ? you can always get another one off Ebay later on down the line, for when Shield comes out !

Though AMD really have gone through the graphic card learning curve and are starting to get things right :)

Maybe Linus can do a AMD graphics set up with and Nvidia card running secondary as a PhysX board, would be cool to see :)

and would it work with Shield if you had taken this approach

I did get worried when AMD bought ATI and started making APU's, I thought they would dump the desktop markets and start down the gaming laptop market

but I guess I'm going off the point lol . It is a hard choice, maybe flip a coin ;)

The 7950 is easily the faster card, however, if you wan't to go dual-gpu, Crossfire is very flawed, and not really very beneficial. I honestly can't see why you would get an nVidia shield, the technology only works on your own LAN, which of course requires you to be at home, where your computer is anyways?

I vote 7950 any day. The current beta drivers (once stable) will boost the performance even further, as well as fix the current stuttering "issues".

CrossfireX sucks in comparison to SLI. The stuttering is terrible on Crossfire. They output 2 frames at a time, making the framerates double, but the time in between frames are almost the same. Honestly, you are the Ignorant person, if you believe that raw FPS is the only statistics, that make up a good graphics solution.

The Radeon is the better card for the money, but with the 660ti you get better frametimes, better SLI scaling and adaptive V-Sync.

You do get free games with the Radeon though. Tough choice.