Radeon HD 7970/7950 Series, Good Time To Sell.

YellowDragon

Recently with the rise of bitcoin and the holiday shopping there is scarcity of these cards with vendors like Newegg and Amazon completely selling out. That leaves for places like ebay to snag that last minute xmas present. This spell good news for those of us that love to upgrade since it increases resale value of the cards.

I managed to sell a 7970 for $380 USED, typically the R9 280x goes for a mere $350 fresh from a retail package.

Untitled2_zpsbb36eef1.png

Nicely done. 

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Damn that's an awesome accomplishment! :)

Well done :)

EDIT: In Norway there is no shortage of them, but a 7950 is around 50 USD more expensive then a 280x :mellow:

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Damn that's an awesome accomplishment! :)

Well done :)

EDIT: In Norway there is no shortage of them, but a 7950 is around 50 USD more expensive then a 280x :mellow:

I feel bad that there is such a pricing swing between different countries. Whats funny is that I listed this and it sold in 5 minutes and it was restricted to United States only.

I feel bad that there is such a pricing swing between different countries. Whats funny is that I listed this and it sold in 5 minutes and it was restricted to United States only.

What cards are you planning to upgrade to?

Man I am extremely temped to sell my msi tf3 7950 and get a msi gaming 280x when they come back in stock. I don't know if I could handle no pc games or being able to mine for that long haha

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

What cards are you planning to upgrade to?

780 TI  and probably a large SSD and processor upgrade. I have my 4 7970s to sell :D

780 TI  and probably a large SSD and processor upgrade. I have my 4 7970s to sell :D

Not r9 290x?

Eh, welcome to the green team

Not r9 290x?

Eh, welcome to the green team

95 C is far to hot for me especially since Im planning on shoving a high end card in an itx enclosure. So I could use a cooler running blower style card

I am not sure if I want to sell mine. It is still fine and I do not want to take a risk.

I'm thinking of doing the same.

Glad I didn't sell when they were only going for ~$200

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

i have a 7970 ghz edition its only 2 months old i wonder if i should sell it ...

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

I have 2 slightly used might sell them and get a 780 ti with that money!

My game plan. both of my cards are selling at over 400$ used. sell them use my 6870 until I buy either a 290x or a 780ti !

Recently with the rise of bitcoin and the holiday shopping there is scarcity of these cards with vendors like Newegg and Amazon completely selling out. That leaves for places like ebay to snag that last minute xmas present. This spell good news for those of us that love to upgrade since it increases resale value of the cards.

I managed to sell a 7970 for $380 USED, typically the R9 280x goes for a mere $350 fresh from a retail package.

Untitled2_zpsbb36eef1.png

7970 / 280x will go up to around 500$ on ebay. You got a powercolor, so I guess less for that. If anyone think they can sell a 280x and buy a 290 with the received money they are blind. All recent amd cards are currently inflated. It's a good think to sell amd only to buy nvidia right now.

Spoiler

Was looking up another GB WF3 7950, man such a beast, but so overpriced.

Enough of a price hike to consider selling mine, although used not new. But I've even seen "used" 7900 series going for an arm and a leg too.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Well that settles it, 7950 is going on eBay.

Thanks for the heads up OP!

I was thinking about selling my Sapphire 7970 Vapor X. I'm hoping to get $350 for it and replacing it with a 680 to WC. I wasn't planning on WCing originally but that seems like a good idea.

I just sold my Sapphire 7950 on craigs for $350 yay =))) I bought it for $280 7 months ago.... lol damn this is pretty crazy, time to add another $50-$100 for 290 or get a 280x hmmmmm.

Mines still sitting at 299 :S 3 days left

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

the bidding on mine got a little out of hand! they both went for over 450 $ each!

I wish I had seen this before I unboxed my 7970!! Just put my rig together and this is getting crazy!! I bought my on Amazon during a crazy deal for $220. Could have sold it with and purchased a 780 for only a couple bucks more!! Aargg!!

Are people selling these used at these prices?

i7 4770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H | G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB | Sapphire Vapor-X 7970 Ghz | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | Toshiba 7200rpm 3TB | Seasonic 660W Platinum | Corsair H100i

Logitech G400s | Ducky Shine III Cherry MX Brown

I dont think anyone would buy my 7970 for that much.

I dont think anyone would by my 7970 for that much.

I had 4 total 7970 cards that I sold heres what I got for each one

Powercolor 7970: $380

Powercolor 7970: $396

Powercolor 7970: $405

Visontek 7970: $435

With the whole litecoin/ bitcoin craze I got more then new market value for them. If you look at the sold listings on ebay no 7970 used has gone for less then $300 in the past few weeks